Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those of us not relocating the pump, will a cover and anti corrosion coating work to prevent future failure. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Found this on google "dynaflux"

"368-DF305-16, DF305-16 - Ultra Brand Bright Zinc Galvanizing 16 Oz. - Each Produces a hard coat that will stop rust on all metals. Contains metallic zinc dust, resin and other additives to provide the look of new galvanizing. Equivalent to hot dip galvanizing in cathodic protection, film durability and protection against caustic action salt spray. Dries to touch in one hour. Produce bright finish. Specifications Capacity Wt. : 16 oz Packing Type : Aerosol Can Resistance : Peeling, Blistering, Rust, Weather, Gasoline, Oil Wt. : 2.30 lb UPC"

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a 08 x gsr my service awd light comes on and then tarmac goes away were I can't switch it what could be the cause of this cause I'd rather have a better idea before I go and spend a ton of cash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got a 08 x gsr my service awd light comes on and then tarmac goes away were I can't switch it what could be the cause of this cause I'd rather have a better idea before I go and spend a ton of cash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Very likely. When pump is going bad, one of the symptoms is not being able to switch between tarmac snow and gravel. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
For those of us not relocating the pump, will a cover and anti corrosion coating work to prevent future failure. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Found this on google "dynaflux"

"368-DF305-16, DF305-16 - Ultra Brand Bright Zinc Galvanizing 16 Oz. - Each Produces a hard coat that will stop rust on all metals. Contains metallic zinc dust, resin and other additives to provide the look of new galvanizing. Equivalent to hot dip galvanizing in cathodic protection, film durability and protection against caustic action salt spray. Dries to touch in one hour. Produce bright finish. Specifications Capacity Wt. : 16 oz Packing Type : Aerosol Can Resistance : Peeling, Blistering, Rust, Weather, Gasoline, Oil Wt. : 2.30 lb UPC"
Using the Dynaflux 309-16 is another very good option if not relocating and then used in combination with a pump guard which should give the product a much longer lifespan...I also think I will use this on the pump prior to my relocation to 100% protect it from any salt and moisture floating in the air. I did some research and then contacted Dynaflux and described our situation with pump location being underneath the car, electrical connections, etc, and here's the response below. I also checked the MSDS on this product and do not inhale this stuff. Use a NIOSH approved mask when applying the spray. Thanks for bringing this product to our attention Ksc272.

Greetings,
The 309-16 is designed to sacrificially corrode before any metal corrosion on the pump/motor. There is no problem with the electrical connections/areas. This product will repel corrosion caused by the road salt. A standard coat should last a couple of years.

Regards,

Mark Redmon
Dynaflux, Inc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Message from Chris that the kits have been sent today. Everyone in the group buy for relocation should have received a message with tracking number. Just checked and my delivery is expected on Aug 12th...wow, that's fast wasn't expecting that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah still working on the adaptor fittings so the kit is more user friendly. Working with the machine shop as I'm typing this. Will keep everyone updated when I know more! Not much longer now.
I saw a couple of pages back that you guys were working on an aluminum shield for the pump. How's that going? When would it be available for ordering? It'll be great for to get a shield that's made for NA Evo's.

I'm getting my pump replaced next week under an extended warranty and want to keep it protected without relocating. I've seen the JDM shields but they either need modding to fit or doesn't seem to have enough protection.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just opened our relocation kits last evening I'd been away for two weeks. They are quality and perfect even improved upon from their previous version...three day shipping from the UK was amazing. I'll be installing this week and will do the video with install and bleed process on top of the install video that has been made for us by autotorque for these specific kits. For those of you who have purchased the kits and don't have my cell pm me I will give it to you for assistance if you need it.

·
Premium Member
5,290 Posts
I saw a couple of pages back that you guys were working on an aluminum shield for the pump. How's that going? When would it be available for ordering? It'll be great for to get a shield that's made for NA Evo's.

I'm getting my pump replaced next week under an extended warranty and want to keep it protected without relocating. I've seen the JDM shields but they either need modding to fit or doesn't seem to have enough protection.
We put off making the pump guard because it's not a fix to the problem, it's only a band aid that will postpone the inevitable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Relocated by Chuck in Wisconsin. For those of you who live in the midwest area, this will be your best bet. It is relocated and bled for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just had mine relocated by Chuck Rhodes as well. Awesome work-highly recommend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I bought 3qt of redline d4 and have a custom pump guard. will still run heat trace line to the back and call it a day after spraying it with rust coat and dynaflux 309. DONE

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought 3qt of redline d4 and have a custom pump guard. will still run heat trace line to the back and call it a day after spraying it with rust coat and dynaflux 309. DONE
Why are you using rust coat if you are going to use the Dynaflux? I've not been here much lately, but I did promise pics and any assistance anyone here needed whether it was to relocate or go with other options, my only agenda was to save our pumps.
I think your solution can work, it's not the ultimate solution but it's a good one for sure and much better than leaving the pump unprotected. Were you able to purchase the Dynaflux? If you have, please be very careful when using it...do not use it indoors unless you have NIOSH approved mask and IMHO use the mask plus apply it outside it's so not good for your lungs if you breathe any of it in. Don't risk your health to save your pump if you aren't going to use it correctly. Please read the MSDS on Dynaflux before using.

241 - 260 of 284 Posts