Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

261 - 280 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts

Two tiered powder coated frame securing pump from vibration...what a feeling to see this in my trunk after almost 2 years of working on this relocation project. Done, YAY! Thanks Autotorque!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tonight I'm really ticked so I`m venting here. The recycled metal that our pumps are made of corrode badly just being exposed to moisture that's why I started this relocation project getting Autotorque to make kits to hopefully save us. I also have a Subaru and it's in the shop right now getting a new trunk the bolts that adhere my spoiler have totally rusted to the extent of going right through it (the guys there couldn't believe it) and it's going to be a $900 bill I was just informed today. I had the door bolts/interior bolts/seat frames already replaced on my Subaru including the spoiler bolts and they're rusting again only after two years after replacement. When I first looked over an old pump when I was initially researching relocation I thought to myself that this looks like the exact same metal that my 2008 Subaru bolts are made of now two years later I'm sure of it. Mitsu and Subaru obviously purchased their metals from the same cheap distributer in Japan and now I'm paying on both ends because I own one of each.
Your pumps will fail it`s just a matter of time...its the crap recycled metal used, so relocate or do something, anything, to protect it. Just saying.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Soo found this on the evoX Facebook page. It looks like Mitsu is finally doing something about our pumps. V ImageUploadedByAG Free1419261356.040932.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, a bit of a bummer for those of us who spent $750 on a relocation kit, thankfully I've not installed mine yet so I'll hold off until the last pump under warranty is provided before doing the relocation.

I wonder if those Evo owners who had to pay for their replacement pump will get a credit/refund from Mitsu...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep, a bit of a bummer for those of us who spent $750 on a relocation kit, thankfully I've not installed mine yet so I'll hold off until the last pump under warranty is provided before doing the relocation.

I wonder if those Evo owners who had to pay for their replacement pump will get a credit/refund from Mitsu...

It would be only be right to do refunds but we shall see I guess. Maybe the letters will have that info???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tonight I'm really ticked so I`m venting here. The recycled metal that our pumps are made of corrode badly just being exposed to moisture that's why I started this relocation project getting Autotorque to make kits to hopefully save us. I also have a Subaru and it's in the shop right now getting a new trunk the bolts that adhere my spoiler have totally rusted to the extent of going right through it (the guys there couldn't believe it) and it's going to be a $900 bill I was just informed today. I had the door bolts/interior bolts/seat frames already replaced on my Subaru including the spoiler bolts and they're rusting again only after two years after replacement. When I first looked over an old pump when I was initially researching relocation I thought to myself that this looks like the exact same metal that my 2008 Subaru bolts are made of now two years later I'm sure of it. Mitsu and Subaru obviously purchased their metals from the same cheap distributer in Japan and now I'm paying on both ends because I own one of each.
Your pumps will fail it`s just a matter of time...its the crap recycled metal used, so relocate or do something, anything, to protect it. Just saying.
They are extending the warranty to 10YR /100K for the pumps

·
Premium Member
5,290 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts

WOW, I can't believe it but good on Mitsu.

I spent so much of my free time in the past two years trying to get kits made for us and doing much research and trying to help others relocate, and then I've relocated and spent money on that too.

That said, my car is a 2008 low KMs), and it would probably fail at the 10 year 1 day mark, so at this point, my pump is good for life in the trunk. The OEM lines where they're placed are too low under the car as they were, so I have no regrets.

I'm also interested in the wording of 'corrosion' for this extended warranty. Who will decide if it's corrosion or cold or is every failed pump going to be considered for replacement under this warranty?

261 - 280 of 284 Posts