Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
My wife always makes fun at the methods I utilize for parking a car. My method is perfected to minimize the damage from all potential moron / inconsiderate / jealous jack offs.
Enlighten us, oh wise one!

Sorry to hear about the hit, and even more sorry to hear about the run. I can't imagine not taking responsibility for hitting a car. Hope everything works out in the end.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I have a method for parking as well. It's called the back corner of the parking lot, period. It doesn't matter how cold / snowy / disgusting it is outside, or how far of a walk. I park so far out that a taxi seems like a good idea half the time lol

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I feel your pain. thats just bad luck!

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
yeah, my girlfriend hates my evo cause i park it in the most distant/secure locations I can find no matter what the temperature or walking distance. Suck man, sorry you got hit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Rx-8 just came out of the shop and has little dots in the paint everywhere on the front end of the car. There are also what looks to be hard water spots all over the areas they painted and I havent been able to remove them even with paint cleaner/scratch remover and buffing.

If a body shop is able to fix it perfectly without paint imperfections, then the bottom line is that it cost me $500 (ins deductable) which isnt too big of a deal... i guess. Bastards.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and some more.

By the way, this happened when the car was parked in the very last parking spot. The one farthest away. The one we always park at... for years.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
The week I got my X, i a door smack in the back passenger door. Got the red paint off of my graphite grey with some elbow greese, but still have the ding. Ever since, I've parked next to curbs only, almost close enough for the wheels to kiss the curb, leaving that much more room b/w me and that white/yellow line of the spot next to me (which seems to mean nothing anymore, but its worked so far.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.