Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I take out the spare tire? I notice that the trunk space is much larger after spare tire disappears. Moreover, the car is lighter.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Should I take out the spare tire? I notice that the trunk space is much larger after spare tire disappears. Moreover, the car is lighter.
Into your question look you shall, see your own conclusion you will, hmmmmm?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Ditch it man, its useless especially with all the new run flat tires available.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ditch it man, its useless especially with all the new run flat tires available.
I have a 135i w/ runflats and no spare and I only wish it had non-runflats w/ some kind of spare. Our MiniS came with runflats and the first suspension upgrade was to get ride of them. The car handled so much better with non-runflats. With runflats, you get a lot more road transference throughout the car. Plus your tire choices are limited and they cost a lot more.

If weight is the issue then just pick up a fix-o-flat kit but stay away from runcraps.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
I have everything out of my trunk. Tire and both black foam things that hold the jack and shit. Now it actually looks like I have a trunk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Same, my spare is in the shed, I have an amp under where it used to be, and have a lot more usable space minus the big as 12" sub I put back there lol :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
A support for the floor? yeah, not sure what I'd do about that.
He's already cooking up something. He mentioned it at the Cobb Thursday Meet but everyone there had to sign NDAs so I'm not at liberty to comment on it. :D

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
He's already cooking up something. He mentioned it at the Cobb Thursday Meet but everyone there had to sign NDAs so I'm not at liberty to comment on it. :D
LOL, I am getting the supplies today and I will do it in the morning when it is cooler outside.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I got my first Evo 8 i removed everything out of the trunk and upgraded my AAA to the Premier membership. It's like $100/yr but can cover up (1) 200 mile tow, (7) 100 mile tows, and unlimited 7-mile tows. Plus they will bring FREE gas if you run out, free battery jumps, etc. $100/yr for all of that weight gone and no hassles. I've kept the membership and never had a full trunk since.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I'm looking for cheap spare tire in CA. :)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Actually I'm looking for all the plastic and carpet in the trunk so if someone gutted their trunk PM me ASAP.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts