Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the suspension folks. Would it be appropriate to revalve Bilstein shocks with Swift Spec R's? Or is that useless because they're progressive instead of linear? Trying to decide my next step as I believe my stock GSR shocks are dying. I'd like to get some MR Bilsteins revalved so they last, just looking for the best spring with a conservative/moderate drop. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
how long did your kybs last with swift spec r? I have the same setup with about 10000 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how long did your kybs last with swift spec r? I have the same setup with about 10000 miles on it.
I've got Swift Sports. They're not done yet, but the shocks are getting clunky and not rebounding quite the same. Had them for 20,000 miles maybe?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have Spec Rs on my Bilsteins and they have a nice ride as it is but there is a post somewhere on here where someone had their Bilstein's re-valved to match the Spec R's and said it was even better. I will probably have mine revalved soon

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Spec Rs on my Bilsteins and they have a nice ride as it is but there is a post somewhere on here where someone had their Bilstein's re-valved to match the Spec R's and said it was even better. I will probably have mine revalved soon

Who actually does revalving? Any idea of cost? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bilsteins....$75 per shock. actually there is another one better than Bilstein. Saw that in Evo M. Ask Andrew of GTWORX.com thru Evo M. He is really good with info.
You mean somebody revalves better than Bilstein, or there are better shocks out there than Bilstein?

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
You mean somebody revalves better than Bilstein, or there are better shocks out there than Bilstein?
he is Bilstein certified....they are better than Bilstein due to some rebounding set up. I think this is more of custom set up per your needs.Ask Andrew.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he is Bilstein certified....they are better than Bilstein due to some rebounding set up. I think this is more of custom set up per your needs.Ask Andrew.
Great thank you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For those of you with Spec Rs on MR Bilsteins without re-valving, how many miles have you had them? How is handling and ride quality? Coming from the Honda world, everyone says aftermarket springs blow out factory shocks but I've yet to hear any of that on an Evo X (at least not the Swift springs + Bilstein shocks combo).

My X is a street car. Trying to decide between re-using my MR Bilsteins with Spec Rs and getting H&R coilovers. Any help would be appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts