Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Where did you buy your KW Variant 3 - with shipping to Canada.
STM sells them and could get you a decent price. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey so I have eibach multi-pro r2 coil overs and one of my rears is leeking and needs to be replaced any one know where and if I can get just the one replacement im not looking to upgrade or change just want to fix my baby

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Okay FLAME SUIT ON!! I'm lost as hell, idk what any of the kg mean (have to do with the coilovers) all I know is that coilovers are used for better handling, and to be able to lower the car variably. I want some killer performance (race) suspension but I will be in the snow as well as normal roads. I will be expecting dirt roads and other awesome rides on my evo so I want something that can be adjusted for any situation.

I wanted Hipermax III sports at first but my buddy says to get kw v3's, Ohlins, or Jrz's but idk which would technically be "best." yes I want to know which ones I should get but I also wish to know why (as in what are the technicalities)? I don't just wanna spend a ton of money just to have someone work on my car and me know nothing about what's happening. Idk anything about dampening or 1-way or 2-way or anything. I have tried to research on google and through the forum but can't find much mainly a bunch of equations.

All help is appreciated thanks, btw great info and I appreciate the work you put into this.
Suspension really isn't a bolt on affair. Power is easy, each mod hopefully adds hp.

Suspension, well, to really understand, you have test, and I mean, test 100's or 1000's of times. Or just find a popular setup and trust that it was done right.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Any rubbing issues with the H&R on 265/35r18??

·
Registered
532 Posts
Dont want to start a new thread on this, but im looking for a set of coilovers...

Daily Driven
Track? Maybe once a year
Mainly looking to use them so i can adjust down during summer, and adjust up during the winter.

Been thinking about Fortune 500s or BC's but i honestly have no clue. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
What is the budget? Generally you will need to spend around 2k for a decent set of coilovers so entry level KW are worth looking at. The BC racing I used to have were ok but the range of settings that were tolerable on the street were pretty narrow and things would get bouncy quickly with too much rebound stiffness.

The only bad part of raising the suspension for winter and dropping back down in the spring is that you will have to do an alignment each time if it's a significant change. I guess you could test what happens before and after when you raise the car at an alignment shop and see how far off spec it gets depending on how far you raise it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Track Set up

I have been looking at the JRZ RS Pro set up for a while now. The only hold up is, I just cant bring myself to drop 6k on suspension when I feel that there are comparable set ups out there for less. I have been considering the BC Racing ER Series as the alternative. Has anyone ran them? The guys at my shop swear by JRZ..... I get it.... They have a great reputation, but they also have a huge mark up on their products based on that reputation. Any ideas? Any suggestions? Also, a little bit of relevant info. I will be tracking this car as often as I can (12-15 times a year) and don't mind a stiffer ride during my short commute to work when i choose to drive my Evo. Any help from someone with track experience on a similar set up would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please correct me if im posting in wrong section, but I have searched and searched looking to see if anyone has run Konig Rennform wheels yet... I am lowered on Eibach Pro kit and want to go with the following specs on wheels/tires:

Konig part #: RF9951435G
Size: 19x9.5
Offset: 35

For tires, im thinking 255/35 19
Let me know any thoughts/opinions as I want to make sure i wont be rubbing or have to do any fender modifications.

Thanks!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts