Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have this exhaust? I'm interested in it because it looks similar to the Greddy SE but is full 3" piping. I'm curious as to how it sounds, fitment, quality, etc.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
http://www.srstuning.com/SRS_Mitsubishi_EVO_X_TYPE_RE_Catback_Exhaust_Syste_p/srs-cbex-evoxre.htm

Does anyone have this exhaust? I'm interested in it because it looks similar to the Greddy SE but is full 3" piping. I'm curious as to how it sounds, fitment, quality, etc.
website looks like crap. never heard of them. feel free to try them out but personally id stick to names you hear often.

also, unless theyre a merchant here, you cant post a link to their stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
website looks like crap. never heard of them. feel free to try them out but personally id stick to names you hear often.

also, unless theyre a merchant here, you cant post a link to their stuff.
Thanks for the heads up on link posting, its been deleted. Yeah I've never heard of them either that's why I posted.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you are looking for a cheap, inexpensive dual catback, I recommend this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2012-LANCER-EVO-X-10-DUAL-CATBACK-MUFFLER-EXHAUST-w-4-TITANIUM-TIP-/300832821643?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460b08918b&vxp=mtr

When I first bought my Evo back in November, I found a person local selling the exhaust. I just put it on last week. The fitment to the stock cat-pipe is spot on but the mufflers will be crooked...

Anywho, sounds great and its improved spool time a bit and power and torque pretty noticeably.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I would stick to something with a reputation... plus if other people have it, then at least you can hear/see their reviews and youtube videos...

If it's $700 you're going to spend, might as well get the AMS single! :rock:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had the SRS on my Scion Tc. It is a no brand exhaust. Since buying an X I am not buying stuff off of Ebay I also recommend getting an exhaust that is reputable. Try CNT exhaust if money is an issue. there are plenty of clips on youtube.

·
Registered
957 Posts
i will not settle a cheap performance part on my EVO, this is just my opinion.
if you want dual exist, the greddy Evo 3 will be a good one.
just get a well known brand on your car, and i bet you wont be regred because our car is considering the KING OF THE STREET.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
No post above mentions the actual quality of the SRS. What if its a new company trying to get their name out there? What if they make great products? Just because it doesn't cost as much as the name brands we're used to..?

Sounds pretty good in the evo x videos on their site.. then check out the 350Z vids with the SRS on youtube. It looks like the fitment is very nice, and sounds great on them too.

·
Registered
957 Posts
No post above mentions the actual quality of the SRS. What if its a new company trying to get their name out there? What if they make great products? Just because it doesn't cost as much as the name brands we're used to..?

Sounds pretty good in the evo x videos on their site.. then check out the 350Z vids with the SRS on youtube. It looks like the fitment is very nice, and sounds great on them too.

honestly, i haven't see 1 person here had this exhaust....
i think most people owning an Evo won't put any non-brand performance parts on their car. so its guna be difficult to tell their quality.

·
Registered
609 Posts

True, it's just one of those things. I joined the forums so I could learn about my car & also get reliable advice from members and vendors that have been working with my car since it came out.

I personally went with the brand new Ark DT-S system that DSG had for a special presale price. My reasoning was because no one else has it (I'll probably be one of five in the U.S.) and because Ark is an international company known for their quality exhaust. I know a few people that have their systems on other cars and motorcycles.

OP, it's truly your choice and your car. Just if you have any issues then you're probably going to get trolled if you post. People like to stick to what they know and most people have never heard of this brand except the guy who said he had it on his tC. I've personally always thought buying ebay "brands" was a bad idea because you don't really have a connection to a company who can back up their product. When it comes to exhaust, as long as it's 3" I guess it's relative.

Either way, post up what you decide to do. And if you buy it, review it. Maybe someone will find it useful and help them decide if they like it or not, etc. Who knows...

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
SRS is a small CA company, many Nissan people run the Header on the 2.5L SE-R/SpecV and Altima, the QR25DE is prone to Pre cat failure so Header mod is a MUST. Heck is mandrel and 3" piping why not, only thing that can fail if a hanger breaks or packing in muffler really. It is Stainless steel, might be worth a shot! Personally I could never bring myself to spend $7XX-$1XXX just for a catback, I'd personally rather put that extra $300-$600 into parts that yield higher gains than a catback, that's a fair amount of money.

Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OLD Thread... But anyway....

I have the SRS exhaust and a Flowmaster Exhaust.

Bought the SRS. Liked it but I always had this thing in the back of my mind that it might be not a good muffler design (externally the exhaust looks great FWIW).

So I bought the Flowmaster.

Eh... The Flowmaster is a tad louder but the SRS sounds better.

But what surprised me is that the turbo (MHI 18k), by the seat of the pants dyno, didn't hit as hard with the Flowmaster.

I made a bunch of changes after that so I don't have real data to back it up. Just my observation.

Anyway... gonna put my SRS back on.

TonyG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Iam new here but have been stalking the page since I got my 08 mr over a year ago. So the previous owner installed a srs exhaust. The rest of the car is stock aside from a cosworth intake filter. Honestly people say it sounds amazing but to me from the inside its kinda tame and has no drone unless in one of the sport modes, even then its not bad if the windows are up. I thought it was quiet until friends would say they hear it a good distance away. About 5 months ago I put a ets hfc on it and it sounds even more aggressive. To me i hate to say it but listening to evos online always sound like poop to me but hearing mine in person with that setup, converted me. I love the noise it makes and as for the srs, it is still holding up, only complaint is that the midpipe resonator is pretty big so it hangs lower so it doesnt hit the driveshaft,thus making it easy for it to scrape speed bumps. Other than that I love it but due to the hfc I kinda want a single exit to change things up so im looking all over. Ive been bouncing from wanting a greddy rs, to a hks, to a tomei, a ets extreme v3 if my neighbors annoy me, all the way to a kakimoto. Ive seen the srs on amazon for 399 and for that price Id highly reccommend it. I got it for free so I like it. Its not crap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts