Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone else is interested, according to Jeremy we can fit 3 panels per box which would save us a ton on shipping, I really want/need one of these my OEM plastic one has taken a beating from my gravel roads, but the shipping on one is almost as much as buying it. So that being said maybe we could get 3 and save on shipping, or maybe there would be enough interest to get a group buy special and order 9 with a discount or something?

Just to clear things up no discount has been offered but I figure maybe with enough together we could negotiate something ;)

here is the thread with pics and such

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38261

Cost calculations

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=867070&postcount=17

Group Buy List
1. TheSin
2. MRPottle
3. solipsism
4. AuraInfinity
5. EdmBimmer
6. smith

1. Red Dragon
2. Red Dragon
3. blai4754
6. [email protected]

EDIT: Was told that 6 will fit in one box which means even better savings! [email protected] is taking this over, it'll be easier for him to get things organized since he is already a vendor for SSP.

THREAD MOVED

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54257

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Been looking at this for a while now... im in.

Jenni wants a new truck time for me to start round 2 of part buying!

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
yeah its all good. I might save up for the Voltex one that bigmiketino has. That shit is baller

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh nice, looks really good, I wondering if it'll only work with there under lip piece, in the pic they show it and the pins look like it goes through both, and it looks shorter then OEM, not cussing it at all just what I saw form the pics. It does look totally baller though if you get it you'll have to do a review I really wanna hear I love that stuff.

·
Registered
923 Posts
how much was shipping if you remember including what you paid SSP and what you paid your friendly UPS guy when you picked it up and then the bill that came in 3 months later for an other $80? :D As you can see I love UPS :)
If I recall shipping was almost as much as the underpanel itself. There are no duties as it is manufactured in north America.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would be in for this. Depending on how much another car costs me. I have been wanting one of these for ages. I am on my 3rd oem one now and its toast as well.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So here is the official deal on it guys. going with the price form

http://www.sspperformance.com/sub-category/-mitsubishi-evo-x/underpanels/

$349 per panel, and they can ship 3 together so the group buy will be at 3,6,9 etc etc

Shipping of 3 (as an estimate to my address) is $175

That would be $524 a panel no including what the extra fun fees that might show up.

So if I understood Jeremy's PM properly they are willing to give us a discount on the shipping of 35% on 3, and on 6 it would be 35% + $25 off per panel.

Here's the final break down with pricing and shipping.

I can do the shipping deal for the first 3 under panels. We are giving you a 35% discount on the shipping rate instead of dropping the price 5%. Works out better for you guys.

And I can offer the 35% shipping discount and take $25.00 off each panel if you can get 6 or more.

-Jeremy
Making it
For 3
3 x $349 = $1047
$175 - 35% = $113.75 (I think rushed at work and my dashboard calc doesn't have %)
1047 + 113.75 = $1160.75
$1160.75 / 3 = $386.92/ea

For 6+ (in groups of 3, this is for 6)
6 x $349 = $2094 - (6 * $25) = $1944
($175 * 2) - 35% = $227.5 (I think rushed at work and my dashboard calc doesn't have %)
1944 + 227.5 = $2171.50
$2171.50 / 6 = $361.92/ea

So if we can do 6+ we almost get free shipping by my calculations.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts