Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I’m after some direction on which tables to alter for the SST tuning as I’m experiencing some odd shifting behaviour and thinking it is a software issue (hoping) rather than hardware.

Basically the transmission slips or flares up on light acceleration and boost around 3000rpm when shifting to the next gear, even on low boost levels such as 15psi. It’ll stop slipping as soon as I boot it (increase acceleration) and won’t slip at all on gearshifts lower than 2500rpm or when accelerating heavily. I’ve also noticed a delay in shifting at high rpms especially with increased boost. Downshifting is inconsistent too, especially in cruise and light loads.

In gear datalogs show no transmission slip even on 28psi using e85 fuel. It’s just the gear shifting itself at light acceleration being the main issue. I drive in super sport mode only as I experience flare up of the trans a lot worse on the other modes just cruising around.

The car is a 2008 JDM evo X which I have reflashed the TCU with the latest SST software and completed a teach in process. The transmission fluid and filter have been changed with genuine items. I will do another teach-in procedure this weekend.

The engine is a built 2.2 litre stroker still running the stock turbo, with just the usual supporting bolt on modifications. I’ve changed the injectors and fuel pump to run e85 fuel. Perhaps the early spool of the stroker is playing havoc with the light load areas of the transmission tables?

I’m located in New Zealand so there are no SST tuners here and I have tuned the engine myself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is this a stock SST with stock clutches ? Possible that your combo makes so much more torque down low than stock that it simply overpowers the clutches.

I'd talk to WTF in Utah to see if there's a tuning remedy to this problem. Otherwise, you might need an SST rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts