According to SCC...

1st gear - 3.655
2nd gear - 2.368
3rd gear - 1.754
4th gear - 1.322
5th gear - 1.008
6th gear - .775

Final Drive - 4.062

Outer tire diameter with stock 245/40/18 = 25.72" (18" wheels + 3.86" sidewall x 2)

According to this calculator, to cruise at 80mph, you will be at about 3300rpm (that's ~400rpm lower than the 5 speed manual).

And, as promised...

Attachments

·
not stupid
207 Posts
My Lancer GTS 80MPH/2750RPM

·
not stupid
207 Posts
Automatic manual transmission with paddle shifters.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Heres a diagram I found in the magazine "Lancer Evolution X: Perfect Guide"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Kind of off topic but did anyone get the news that the SST cannot be "fixed", so if you break it, you will have to replace it, which is approx. $8,600 dollar!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Automatic manual transmission with paddle shifters.
I believe the CVT as well as other Manufactures sport autos...Are still conventional Automatic Transmission with Torque Converters...so while you can select a gear at will (The Computer is choosing the gear out of the planetary gears in the automatic.) This does not compare and fails when it is done so to a DSG or Manual Transmission.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yea i have a repair shop in NJ and the guy who rebuilds trannys for us told me that any of those new cvt dsg tranny are really hard to rebuild and some cant be fixed

·
Registered
329 Posts
Kind of off topic but did anyone get the news that the SST cannot be "fixed", so if you break it, you will have to replace it, which is approx. $8,600 dollar!
i think that is BS for mitsu to do this...but you gotta pay to play right?

still, i hope this news is false and that there will be a warranty on the transmission.

·
Registered
87 Posts
According to SCC...

1st gear - 3.655
2nd gear - 2.368
3rd gear - 1.754
4th gear - 1.322
5th gear - 1.008
6th gear - .775

Final Drive - 4.062

Outer tire diameter with stock 245/40/18 = 25.72" (18" wheels + 3.86" sidewall x 2)

According to this calculator, to cruise at 80mph, you will be at about 3300rpm (that's ~400rpm lower than the 5 speed manual).

And, as promised...
Hmmm Fettucini /Pasta :hititsign:

On a series note the non serviceable TC SST transmission is a real worry especially if the figure of $8,600 is correct :wtfsign:

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Of course the transmission is warranted along with the powertrain, but watch out for them to deny warranty if they see any performance mods on your car!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Ha ha, but this is what some service departments will try. I don't get this attitude, though. If the service department does warranty work they get paid from Mitsu Canada, so why does the service dept. care whether or not you've got performance mods?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ha ha, but this is what some service departments will try. I don't get this attitude, though. If the service department does warranty work they get paid from Mitsu Canada, so why does the service dept. care whether or not you've got performance mods?
The probably make something extra for the Parts cost when Warranty is not applied thats the only thing I can think of since Mitsu Can. Pays for Labor.

Cause any Warranty works costs somebody money...so from a business stand point as much as customer service is probably important you're going to try and find an easy way out of an obligation especially if it will save you money....remember you dont want to pay 8400 for a tranny why would Mitsbuishi Want to....especially assuming it was the added stress from performance that caused it....(But I really think that depends on the mod an Airfilter and Exhaust is not going to put that much stress on the transmission the whole.....10-14 hp extra over stock?)

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
If that is the case...Karma is going to be a real bitch to them :bowlol:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
From what I've heard about [dealer name removed] Mitsubishi in Vancouver :), their service department really sucks, and I bet they would be the types to deny warranty claims for innocent things like an air filter or cat-back exhaust.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts