According to SCC...

1st gear - 3.655
2nd gear - 2.368
3rd gear - 1.754
4th gear - 1.322
5th gear - 1.008
6th gear - .775

Final Drive - 4.062

Outer tire diameter with stock 245/40/18 = 25.72" (18" wheels + 3.86" sidewall x 2)

According to this calculator, to cruise at 80mph, you will be at about 3300rpm (that's ~400rpm lower than the 5 speed manual).

And, as promised...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My Lancer GTS 80MPH/2750RPM

#4 ·
Automatic manual transmission with paddle shifters.

#7 ·
I believe the CVT as well as other Manufactures sport autos...Are still conventional Automatic Transmission with Torque Converters...so while you can select a gear at will (The Computer is choosing the gear out of the planetary gears in the automatic.) This does not compare and fails when it is done so to a DSG or Manual Transmission.

#5 ·
Heres a diagram I found in the magazine "Lancer Evolution X: Perfect Guide"

Attachments

#16 ·
Ha ha, but this is what some service departments will try. I don't get this attitude, though. If the service department does warranty work they get paid from Mitsu Canada, so why does the service dept. care whether or not you've got performance mods?

#17 · (Edited)
Ha ha, but this is what some service departments will try. I don't get this attitude, though. If the service department does warranty work they get paid from Mitsu Canada, so why does the service dept. care whether or not you've got performance mods?
The probably make something extra for the Parts cost when Warranty is not applied thats the only thing I can think of since Mitsu Can. Pays for Labor.

Cause any Warranty works costs somebody money...so from a business stand point as much as customer service is probably important you're going to try and find an easy way out of an obligation especially if it will save you money....remember you dont want to pay 8400 for a tranny why would Mitsbuishi Want to....especially assuming it was the added stress from performance that caused it....(But I really think that depends on the mod an Airfilter and Exhaust is not going to put that much stress on the transmission the whole.....10-14 hp extra over stock?)

#19 ·
From what I've heard about [dealer name removed] Mitsubishi in Vancouver :), their service department really sucks, and I bet they would be the types to deny warranty claims for innocent things like an air filter or cat-back exhaust.

#21 · (Edited)
Well, you could always revert to stock when you send for repair. If the SST is as expensive as stated, its probably worth the effort.

Also, in all seriousness, you can drive the SST evo until scrap, yet didn't know a "Supersport" mode exist. The "hold for 3 sec" thingy is not intrusive, can't they make this a 3 step switch or something?

#23 ·
I have a feeling there will be revisions to the sst over the years. Till then, drive it like you want in stock form and let Mitsu replace the tranny as many times as needed when it brakes. That's what warranties are for.

#24 ·
The actual ratios for the SST were difficult to figure out. 2nd, 4th and 6th were all easy, they are:

45/19 = 2.368421
41/31 = 1.322581
31/40 = 0.775

The other 3 gears are of course on a different shaft as we all know. It took the schematic picture for me to realise that on the main input shaft which has the even numbered gears there is another gear that spins a layshaft and then a gear on the input shaft for the odd gears. The first gear on the even gear input shaft has 34 teeth and the gear on the odd gear input shaft has 31 teeth, so the ratio is 1.096774, which is ironically the same ratio and number of teeth as on the EVO 9 and X 4th gear, and a few other JDM short ratio EVO's.

Anyway, the teeth and ratios for 1st, 3rd and 5th are:

40/12 = 3.33333
40/25 = 1.60000
34/37 = 0.91892

All of these are multiplied by the reduction of 1.096774, so the actual ratios for these gears are

40/12 * 34/31 = 3.655914
40/25 * 34/31 = 1.754839
34/37 * 34/31 = 1.007847

The final is simple, just like a normal gearbox:

65/16 = 4.0625

#30 ·
I know this info is late in the thread...but....here goes

A car warranty CAN NOT be voided by any dealership. Only the manufacture and only if they prove that what you did cause the failure.

This is per the FTC.. Federal Trade Commision

Automobile warranties are both EXPRESSED and IMPLIED and can not be voided without proof of abuse or misuse.

The real question is...do you want to fight an uphill battle? I had a 1993 RX-7, twin turbo that a dealership claimed that voided the waranty. I had an attorney write a letter to MAZDA and they flew down from New Jersey just to see me about it. Needless to say I got my car repaired with no further issues from that point forward and the car was very modded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.