Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with my '10 RA that I can seem to find any threads on... and I know I cant be the only person with this issue.

The issue occurs after driving and I put the car in park. I turn off the ignition and just before engine stops, I hear a loud BANG and the car jerks forward violently as if I have been rear ended by a F-350 pickup.

This only happens after driving the car moderately to aggressively. It doesn't seem to occur after regular driving. If I use the the paddles or engage sport mode, its more likely to happen.

I want to say that the parking pin is engaging too soon, while the gearbox is still spinning? Not sure though.

Has any one else experienced this or know what it might be?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Need more information. Miles, extent of modifications, last fluid change and your driving conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought the car used at 20k. Changed the fluid and filter then. Car currently has 26k. Only mod is magnaflow cat back. Car is driven mostly by my wife in normal auto mode.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Bought the car used at 20k. Changed the fluid and filter then. Car currently has 26k. Only mod is magnaflow cat back. Car is driven mostly by my wife in normal auto mode.
normal mode generates the most amount of slip within the clutches and heat to make the car drive smooth. its actually better to drive in sport or S.sport mode

·
Registered
215 Posts
mine was making the same thing till i flashed the gear and i changed the oil.
this was the beginning then in driving you will hear the same sound plus the RBM surge.

i recommend changing the oil as its the cheapest thing you can start with.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Likely that the clutch is dragging more than it should on disengagement. The person who recommended a fluid service is correct in that it is the first thing you should do, unless you have done it recently. Hit up Fred Beans and buy the OEM fluid. Hit up Kozmic for the external filter.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 2011 MR with 75K of hard track and auto X miles on the SST.

I'm running about 400 ft/lbs of peak torque thru the stock transmission.

Over the last few months its been throwing a 2809 :Clutch/shift switching solenoid 2, spool stuck code.
After the tranny gets hot and I shut the car off I also get the bang and shudder.
I'm pulling the tranny this winter and probably shipping it off to Kozmic for a full overhaul & Dodson discs. I'm sure the seals and the stock clutch pack are tired!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts