Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

So, i was reading on some posts about SST reliabilty, and some people said to always drive on S-Sport mode, use manual shifting and some other stuff, does that really affects the durability of the clucth? My Sportback Ralliart does not have a S-Sport mode, should i do a TCU flash to enable it for durability purposes? I do not plan on doing any performance mods, and i do not usually abuse on the car too much.

And if you can give any tips on how to drive the SST would me much appreciated, it's my first DCT car. And my car has 73.000km clocked.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
11 Evo X MR
76 Posts
You can definitely flash s-sport and the ability to switch to s-sport while moving at any speed instantly! Which is probably my favorite thing. Visit evoscan and join the SST group on FB if you have it, Hamish posts a lot of great info there. Since the ralliart has less power than the MR, I can't comment directly on driving in sport mode. But as long as you are changing the fluid at 20k miles that's what you want for maintenance.

Hamish also has increased clutch pressures available to buy, With higher pressures there is less slip and ultimately longer clutch life.

Also, I ONLY drive my MR is s-sport manual, the only exception is steady state cruising on the highway to use cruise control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can definitely flash s-sport and the ability to switch to s-sport while moving at any speed instantly! Which is probably my favorite thing. Visit evoscan and join the SST group on FB if you have it, Hamish posts a lot of great info there. Since the ralliart has less power than the MR, I can't comment directly on driving in sport mode. But as long as you are changing the fluid at 20k miles that's what you want for maintenance.

Hamish also has increased clutch pressures available to buy, With higher pressures there is less slip and ultimately longer clutch life.

Also, I ONLY drive my MR is s-sport manual, the only exception is steady state cruising on the highway to use cruise control.
Thank you so much for your tips @RobbieOh, i'll make sure to join the FB group. The fluid has been changed very recently by the old owner, so i'll flash the TCU for the S-Sport and call it a day. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jack's transmission in Colorado springs is the go to guy. When I bought my ralliart 10 years ago I was worried about the SST. I haven't had any issues I'm pretty religious about changing the filter and fluid with DiaQueen. 214,000 miles on my 09 now. Jacks Transmissions

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2011 MR with almost 100K miles. I always drive in normal and only hit sSport AUTO when needed. It is a cobb stage 2 /cobb MR last tune they did i think. I think for the most part that advice is just folklore and as long as you service the transmission and don't blow it with a bad tune it will last a long time in regular spirited driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts