Input Shaft - Differential
197/207/215 mm
Gear Spread Ratio
4,99 – 6,48
Max. Gross Vehicle Mass/Gross Trailer Mass 2250 kg/3900 kg
Shifter System hydraulic shift actuation
Miscellaneous
2 x 2-shaft design parallel wet clutch system integrated electronic controls

This is the mitsubishi photo of a cut-away SST. It matches exactly with the Getrag 470.

Oh well I was hoping it would hold 400 torque. Maybe the clutches (which I believe are made by Aisin) are customized and have been beefed up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Getrag 6DCT470 TRANSMISSION

6-speed, transverse, dual clutch transmission

Max. Torque Capacity 470 Nm
Weight (dry)
99,5 kg
Installation length 348 mm
Input Shaft - Differential
197/207/215 mm
Gear Spread Ratio
4,99 – 6,48
Max. Gross Vehicle Mass/Gross Trailer Mass 2250 kg/3900 kg
Shifter System hydraulic shift actuation
Miscellaneous
2 x 2-shaft design parallel wet clutch system integrated electronic controls

This is the mitsubishi photo of a cut-away SST. It matches exactly with the Getrag 470.

Oh well I was hoping it would hold 400 torque. Maybe the clutches (which I believe are made by Aisin) are customized and have been beefed up.
Guys 470nm torque is not too bad at all, remember the stock Evo X torque output is 422nm...at 470nm it's the same torque output as my LS1 V8 powered HSV sedan ! and it's around 100nm more than a stock Evo 9, that aint shabby at all :)

An extra 50nm would really liven the X up, the Evo 9 is said to have 395nm torque stock (although it's advertised as only 355nm just like it's power is said to be 221kw but advertised at the 206kw limit).

Over here in Australia high powered Evo 9's capable of low 12's high 11sec 1/4 mile passes have around 540-560nm torque outputs just for a comparison

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nissan's new GT-R is putting out more tq than that... >.> and I'm assuming the trannys are basically the same
The Bugatti Veyron has a similar trans too and has to cope with over 1000nm of torque !

They are basically the same, but differently built and obvious size differences too, which has alot to do with the power handling or capacity they can withstand...

The bigger the box, the bigger the components, the more power they can handle without breaking.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another thing that factors into the max torque rating is the torque the transmission sees during a launch which can easily exceed the max torque of the engine.

This is where the software control becomes important. Allow the engine to rev too high and the clutch to engage too quickly and you can exceed the max torque rating of the transmission. Allow the engine to rev too high and limit the clutch engagement speed to limit torque and you burn the clutch. Limit the engine revs and you kill the 0-60 performance. These factors are normally controlled by the driver in a manual transmission car.

I think most Evo drivers would not try to claim a warranty on replacing an MT clutch but that's something Mitsubishi needs to be concerned about with the SST since it's now partially responsible for how much wear occurs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.