Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one , i have an 2009 evo SST with AMS bolt ones and a tune , no transmission modefication at all

about three months ago "service required" showed up

the car drives perfectly fine , but its annoying

i bought the car used and the previous owner changed the fluid at 40,000km but did not change the filter

its now done 55,000 km and after the code showed up , last week i hit the dealer , changed the fluid and filter , the code is still showing

i contacted my local tuner before changing the fluid and he told me to make the dealer do a relearn but the dealer said that they couldnt do it

the car drives perfectly fine but the code is annoying me , is there a way to fix that ?

thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone ?!???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same thing happened to me but diffrent code. service required light would come on my SST for awhile and car seemed like it drove fine for months. Well one day it all went to shit while driving down the road and cars been in the shop for weeks.

Don't ignore your code and keep driving even though it seems okay! I made that mistake and now have been without my car for last while.

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Are any other codes than P1874 present?

Since that's a clutch pressure 2 abnormal code, a clutch teach-in should fix it. The dealer can do this, or I can even get Omar @ Boosted Spirits setup with the procedure. It's the "low" pressure codes that you've got to watch out for.

BTW, ask Omar for some new SST-related mappings. I've helped him with some updates to those and your car will perform much better on them.

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Just to add: If the teach-in does not fix it, it's most likely a bad clutch basket seal and your SST will need to be serviced. This would have been likely if the car was ever driven hard on an upgraded 3" intake or other modifications for an extended period of time without a tune. Doing so can drastically affect the performance and service life of your SST.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the same issue with my car, I brought the car to Mitsubishi and they performed a teach in. The service required light went away for 3 months. It just came back so I tried upgrading the tcu rom, I flashed it to B151 and its been a week now that it is gone.

My tuner [email protected] told me that the P1874 is nothing to worry about if the car is still driving fine. He told me if there was a bigger issue there would be more codes that come up. So you can try to get hold of a MUT and perform a teach in or just simply try updating the rom. Worst case you can always change it back if it doesn't help

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update guys , changed the sst oil , then my tuner did an update to the sst map and all is well .

thanks all for the help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, I'm resurrecting this thread as I seem to have same error code and before I start taking things apart I'd like to hear people's opinion of how they've dealt with this issue.

Long story short, after car has been sitting for 2 weeks, battery voltage at 11.7V I took the car out. After normal driving, I stopped to refuel and Transmission Required service come on. Fault P1874 clutch 2 pressure abnormality. Car driving fine, cleared the fault and moved on. After that I also changed the SST transmission fluid with fresh Castrol Transmax Dual.

Been driving the car during the holidays no issue or DTC coming on.

Now I left the car again for 1,5 week parked, took it out and after a bit of driving (30 mins) stopped. Did some shopping, started again and same error came up. Car driving fine.

Clutches are slipping on >70% throttle from 5K to 6.5K rpm from 2nd->3rd mostly but on other changes as well, however at higher rev band (>7K above) or lower (<5K) I have no slippage. Car has 70K km.

Do you think that teach-in would fix this? Is it the clutches failing, valvebody?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts