Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a but of a strange problem, the car threw code p1833... as I was driving the check engine/ service trans lights came on and the car started skipping 2-4-6. The next day, after letting the car sit, I started it up and got the check engine light but nothing on servicing the trans... took it for a spin in manual mode, first gear is fine, second gear is fine, goes into third and a couple of seconds into third service trans comes on and it goes back to skipping 2-4-6. My thinking is because it goes into 2nd it's probably not a loose/broken magnet but I'm not too sure. I've only had the car for a couple of months and I dont know when the fluid has been changed last. Is it possible that it just needs a fluid change? Would hate to spend the money on the fluid only to have to have the trans pulled and repaired and then buy new fluid again.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
While it does suck to basically lose $500 on fluid change (if you do it yourself, which is fairly easy), it is a whole lot better than dropping 6k without trying the cheaper option first.

I would change the fluid and filter. You honestly should have done that immediately when you got it if you don't know when the last fluid change was. Old fluid really screws us the SST.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Need 2 of these:

and 1 of these:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided to drain the trans before ordering the fluid to see how bad the oil looks. Surprisingly it looked pretty fresh so my guess is that its the magnet on shift fork 4. Started on pulling the trans, some of these bolts seem impossible to get to but its coming along. If anyone knows of something showing how to disassemble the trans it'd be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Decided to drain the trans before ordering the fluid to see how bad the oil looks. Surprisingly it looked pretty fresh so my guess is that its the magnet on shift fork 4. Started on pulling the trans, some of these bolts seem impossible to get to but its coming along. If anyone knows of something showing how to disassemble the trans it'd be greatly appreciated!
Hey you ever figure this out? I have a bad 4th gear magnet. Just seeing if its worth doing myself or just ship it somewhere

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the same code for the trans missing 2,4 and 6. Took it to the dealer and they want 14k to replace it. Anyone have a reputable place to buy rebuilds?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got the same code for the trans missing 2,4 and 6. Took it to the dealer and they want 14k to replace it. Anyone have a reputable place to buy rebuilds?
Look up Kozmic Motorsports or SSP performance. Research and decide for yourself which one to go with.

Cost will be anywhere from $4k-10k depending on what kind of clutches you want with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts