Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've been tinkering on my evo over the past year trying to sort a few small issues. Recently I've been getting stuck in park here and there completely at random.

To list the issues and scenarios:
1. Stuck in driveway 10 minutes.
Turn car on, won't move from park, turn off and back on, sometimes will go in gear sometimes won't.
2. Pump the break when power is on.
Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.
3. Car shifts into drive no issue from cold start. Park somewhere come back and stuck in park. Engine off, back on still stuck, pump breaks and still stuck. Wife gets out to check tail lights, goes in gear.

Any ideas?
It does not seem the shifter is busted, fises are all good. I tore out the center console and pieces are all together with. Thing floating and catching. I'm at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
472 Posts
I think there is a "brake safety switch" that brake pedal touches to allow you to change out of park. Maybe its going out and the pumping the brakes the switch finally starts to work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there is a "brake safety switch" that brake pedal touches to allow you to change out of park. Maybe its going out and the pumping the brakes the switch finally starts to work?
Ah great idea. Thanks for the tip on that. Didn't even think about that. Gonna have to check and see

1 - 3 of 3 Posts