Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

601 - 620 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I read most of this and I am still a bit confused. Did they do it??
The TCU can be modified and programmed successfully through the pass thru utility, I'm not sure who is working through the binary mapping, but I'm going to assume that there is going to be a lot of work and testing to get it mapped correctly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The TCU can be modified and programmed successfully through the pass thru utility, I'm not sure who is working through the binary mapping, but I'm going to assume that there is going to be a lot of work and testing to get it mapped correctly.
I see, are there any issues with changing logic, or is that untouchable specifically because it is proprietary? Could one re-write logic to be open source?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wish I still had my MUT update CDs since they had the North American database. I've tossed so many of those in the garbage over the years. I assume all the dealers have long ago switched to the medic3. No idea what format those files are.
i have the 2015 MUT III software installer it supports windows 7 and 8.1 and supports internet explorer 11 maybe i can help...?:godance:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where to download the files to work with immo?

IMPart file “.impart”

VCPart file “.vcpart”

Maybe these files can be done manually? or to pull out of мут3 ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seeking help / Clarification

Seeing as I have nothing to do with the actual development of this aside from tracking down lost money, finding parts, offering financial help if needed and to ship my car across North America I guess I'm not supposed to answer?

Yes Rob, I made a few underhanded comments directed towards you after you came into this thread beating your chest. That does not however mean I'm any less vested in this anyone else.

Finding a solution to bring back a stock file to the TCU would be fantastic. Once we can actually read/write and alter the TCU it would be the next logical step. I do not believe however that it is the correct thing to be focusing on today. It's an after thought at this early development stage.

re: removal of the TCU - Once the linkages have been pulled off the trans and the oil pan removed there are 11 bolts that need to be removed and then the assembly is able to removed from the trans. It's not the end of the world to be honest. For the hell of it I've noted the actual instructions for removal of the mechatronic and along with it the TCU...

Pre Removal:
1 - remove lower radiator pipe
2 - remove fan, fan motor and fan shroud
3 - remove licp
4 - remove trans oil pan
5 - remove electrical connection clip
6 - remove 3 bolts around the connector
7 - pull connector loose by 2-3mm
8 - remove bolts in a specific order
- Top to Bottom on the left side of assembly, 2, 7, 9, 11, 5, 3, 1
- Top to Bottom on the right side of assembly, 6, 10, 8
9 - Move shift assembly to service position
10 - Remove the plug and bolt from behind the assembly.

to install, just go backwards. yes it's not as simple as changing your oil, but a decent shop or home mechanic should be able to tackle it. You're making it sound like this is some sort of out of this world operation on the trans that no one can manage...

Lighten up a bit, we're all here to help. No need to pee in our Corn Flakes.
Does anyone know the reason for Step 10 from the above list of Steps to remove the megatronic unit. The plug and bolt are only accessible after the unit has been removed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just did full SST Teach-IN, all I can say is: everyone who's with SST on their MR got to have to DO it!!! or if you did any changes on the ecu SST map or setting, you got to DI IT!!! , you will fee the shift different for sure!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnMq6vxwJP8

compare all the maps and settings on ecu after TEACH-IN nothing changes SST maps and setting,\** I can bet there ARE settings sitting on the TCU

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got this from Kozmic's website.

I'm sorry if it was asked, what about is anyone tunning the Citroën C-Crosser and Peugeot 4007 crossover SUV's SST's? Is it the same trans?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
I got this from Kozmic's website.

I'm sorry if it was asked, what about is anyone tunning the Citroën C-Crosser and Peugeot 4007 crossover SUV's SST's? Is it the same trans?
Not sure what you are referring to regarding our web site. However, yes and no about are they the same transmission. Yes, they are in that the internals are nearly identical. No in that the clutch is not the same, though it uses some of same parts, and no in that the bell housing half of the case is a different casting. Internally the differences are very minimal. We actually imported one of these transmissions just to have one to play with.

The SUV version has it's own firmware, just like the Ralliart and Evo have different firmware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FYI, I got this answer from Ryan Griffiths - Technical Director at Syvecs, when I asked about future SST support on their Evo X ECU kit:

"The SST is planned to be tested soon, most of the code is wrote for it just we need a stock car available to test on our dyno and setup"

Not sure if we should rejoice just yet, but this sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Getting my 2010 SE tuned next thursday at UMS AZ can someone point me toward TCU tunning info. Anything that might help me thanks guys. Sorry if thats a super noob question.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Getting my 2010 SE tuned next thursday at UMS AZ can someone point me toward TCU tunning info. Anything that might help me thanks guys. Sorry if thats a super noob question.
As far as I know TCU tuning is VAPORWARE. Unless the "Russians" have Elected to hack the TCU.. :) If it were hacked I'd like to get the auto shift RPM limit raised to 8k + rpms

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
As far as I know TCU tuning is VAPORWARE. Unless the "Russians" have Elected to hack the TCU.. :) If it were hacked I'd like to get the auto shift RPM limit raised to 8k + rpms
Just manually shift, it's not that hard. :)

601 - 620 of 623 Posts