Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am the car dummy here. Looking to tune the beast to either a stage 1 or 2? But not sure what I need. I looked at Cobb's website and it is very helpful. English racing has not been helpful I made a call and the guy asked If I looked at the website, my answer? Yes but it does NOT list what is included with the packages. Cobbs lists everything that comes with it. That being said, I need some advice on who to go through and if It is worth it? in looking for a minor upgrade in terms of HP right now without breaking the tranny/engine. also how many horses with a stage 2 add? thanks in advanced and thanks for helping me out! Oh my car is a 2015 MR.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not well versed on the MR platform. But I imagine it’s identical to a GSR in the sense that an intake, exhaust, boost control and a tune is what most people go for. Grab these parts and head to English racing for the tune or a shop local to you. That’s why they weren’t as helpful I think. There’s just so many routes to choose from.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not well versed on the MR platform. But I imagine it’s identical to a GSR in the sense that an intake, exhaust, boost control and a tune is what most people go for. Grab these parts and head to English racing for the tune or a shop local to you. That’s why they weren’t as helpful I think. There’s just so many routes to choose from.
Thank you!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I’d suggest not going with a cobb access port and their OTS tunes. Much better to find a shop. (English racing is great.) if none are near then there’s always an E tune. Look up Chet Rickerman. I believe is his name.
there’s also a lost similar to yours somewhere that’s new. Guy has an 11MR. trying to get to 400whp. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stay away from the AP and COBB, get a reputable experienced X tuner in your area or go with an e-tuner. I know a great one who has great prices. For your upgrades do all of the bolt-ons and add some injectors/pump - better turbo and you'll be set.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an AP which was used to tune the car. I imagine you guys are talking using the "default" provided maps. I thought you could use the AP to custom tune the Evo. I know when I got my car tuned the reason the Tuner wanted to used the AP was because Cobb would provide some support to get the tune properly or something. Or at least that is what he said.

"Self Tuning: Create your own custom maps for your Accessport using Accesstuner Race. Complete OEM tuning table access to optimize your mapping for any set of modifications. Professional Dyno Tuning: Visit a local tuner in the COBB Professional Tuning Network to have a custom map created and loaded on your Accessport for for maximum power gains. Professional E-Tuning: Take advantage of easy datalogging and map loading on your Accessport to have an e-tuning expert in the COBB Professional Tuning Network remotely custom tune your vehicle."
Source: Cobb AccessPort v3- The Rundown

1 - 7 of 7 Posts