Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I finally rid myself of the ugly wheel gap that became much more prevalent when I installed my new rims by adding a set of Stance GR+ Coilovers. Pictures in a minute, but first a little early impression.

I picked the coilovers up from Touge Factory along with a Whiteline RCK. TF Works handled the install. When the car was ready, I noticed the drop in just about every aspect of the car, in a good way. Not only was it visually lower, but I found myself correcting every natural hand and leg movement as I got into the car.

Liking that I could already notice the effect, it was time to drive. I had to dodge a few potholes on the way out, and the first thing I noticed in doing so was how precise and responsive the steering had become. There is NO play in the wheel: every motion, every adjustment is realized by the car. I thought the stock handle was responsive, but this was a huge step up. The car also holds a steering angle better. The wheel does not try to correct back to center as hard as stock.

Proceeding down the roads, the next thing I noticed was how quickly this setup absorbs bumps. Yes, it is stiffer than stock, but even though it picks up more of the natural imperfections of the road, they are over and done with faster, and with less of a floating feeling that the stock has (you may not notice that the stock setup "floats" a bit until you ride with quality coilovers). The coils also minimize that "rear-back" feeling when punching the throttle.

The GR+ feature 15-way adjustable damping. Mine are currently set in the middle at 7 F/R. I may take them a bit stiffer down the road (once the nearby road construction finishes), but at this setting they are both responsive and comfortable. The feeling while driving is that I know I'm on coilovers because of the response and firmness, but I don't feel like I'm in a dedicated track car. This system is perfect for a street car looking for great looks and great control without eschewing that whole "street" feeling.

And now, what I'm sure you're here for, the pics.

Before

And After

I want to throw a big shout-out to Mike and the guys at Touge Factory and TF Works for helping me with the setup. Definitely stop by to see these guys if you live in the area.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
drop looks good. post more pics

·
aka jeremy.england
878 Posts
:+1: for tf works they are the shit...best alignment shop in the area. well thats where i go anyway.

how is the quality of the stance coilovers...i know they arent the most expensive but are they legit?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
:+1: for tf works they are the shit...best alignment shop in the area. well thats where i go anyway.

how is the quality of the stance coilovers...i know they arent the most expensive but are they legit?
I am in no way work for Stance but I know that most of their parts are made from the same manufacturers that make all those nice JDM coilovers.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Did they come with the adj camber plate too?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great Review~

Just installed and corner balanced another Evo X with STANCE GR+ to compliment all of the other suspension components we installed.
this customer opted for the SWIFT Springs upgrade on his.

This evo X will be shipped to Korea after the complete build.

·
Registered
775 Posts
How much can these be picked up for?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much can these be picked up for?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Your best bet is to call or email Touge Factory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts