Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 2015 evo x mr fully built that have around 30k miles . While the tuner was Tunning the car he told Me that when he tried to crank it up for more power. The car now all the sudden crank for a while before it starts and also when he try to crank it up the boost like drops at like mid 20s so we had to stop the tune and I took the car home to figure out what’s going on with it. The car crank for long time before starting and while it’s cranking if I press on the gas pedal it like try to start then eventually it starts. No check engine I checked the fuel filter it’s clean. I sent the injectors for cleaning and it still does it. I checked for boost/vacuum leak pressure and smoke and I found nothing. checked compression and it’s perfect. Checked spark plugs they are very nice. Checked fuel pressure and it’s good. Checked the lines for any shortage Didn’t see anything, battery tested good. Checked the waste gates they have 20lbs springs ( we thought maybe it drop mid 20 cus the springs are not enough) I don’t know what else to check.
It crank crank for long time then it starts and I don’t get why it start to happen all the sudden plus the Mid 20s boost thing while tunning.

any suggestions and help will be appreciated! Thank you

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Jeez what happened to this forum? In the past there used to be more activity and more members that respond. Now no one does. Is this forum dead?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yea the forum is a little dead. You mainly have to search for answers now unfortunately.

There have been numerous threads lately about long crank times. I think most of the issues had something to do with the fuel pump/hanger.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s sad to hear. It start to happen all the sudden while tunning. You think it still the hanger? I have 2 fuel pumps Walboro 450 and radium hanger.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I saw that but I had the dual pumps for a bit now it’s not like I installed them recently

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yea this forum and EvoM were great. But since the Evo is a little older now, theyre slowing down.

Yea your situation isn't exactly like that one. But it might have some good things to scroll through and check. Like the FPR hose, any small leaks, etc..

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea this forum and EvoM were great. But since the Evo is a little older now, theyre slowing down.

Yea your situation isn't exactly like that one. But it might have some good things to scroll through and check. Like the FPR hose, any small leaks, etc..
I checked for leaks and found nothing. I haven’t checked the fuel pump or hanger it self yet but I don’t know what’s going on. I get a good fuel pressure .

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check out the second page of that thread. There are some things about installation.
The pump been installed for over a year never had any issue just started recently while tunning

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might not be the problem, but when was the last time you replaced the fuel pump relay?
Haha it’s funny you mentioned that I just took it off yesterday and ordered a replacement lol it’s been a while

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys. I have a 2015 evo x mr fully built that have around 30k miles . While the tuner was Tunning the car he told Me that when he tried to crank it up for more power. The car now all the sudden crank for a while before it starts and also when he try to crank it up the boost like drops at like mid 20s so we had to stop the tune and I took the car home to figure out what’s going on with it. The car crank for long time before starting and while it’s cranking if I press on the gas pedal it like try to start then eventually it starts. No check engine I checked the fuel filter it’s clean. I sent the injectors for cleaning and it still does it. I checked for boost/vacuum leak pressure and smoke and I found nothing. checked compression and it’s perfect. Checked spark plugs they are very nice. Checked fuel pressure and it’s good. Checked the lines for any shortage Didn’t see anything, battery tested good. Checked the waste gates they have 20lbs springs ( we thought maybe it drop mid 20 cus the springs are not enough) I don’t know what else to check.
It crank crank for long time then it starts and I don’t get why it start to happen all the sudden plus the Mid 20s boost thing while tunning.

any suggestions and help will be appreciated! Thank you
check vacuum lines. Cuts , Cracks or even one blew off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This forum isn’t as active as evom. Nevertheless it’s still not uncommon for a fuel pump to fail, so saying you have two pumps doesn’t negate the advice you’re getting to check your pumps. It’s also hard to read the exact issue (but maybe your are translating to English). From what I’m reading your car has two separate issues that you nor your tuner could resolve.

1. long crank
2. Boost

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the fuel pressure reading at idle and wot.
I've had weak pump cause some issue with me.
Also are you running a MAF? Ensure your piping is secured try smoke test for leaks if possible

1 - 20 of 20 Posts