Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have 2003 evo 8. I replaced the turbo stock turbo with rev9power turbo because the stock turbo was old and blew. I also installed walboro 450 and new fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator. Spooling up coils. The problem is when I start the engine it crank crank then starts but once it starts the rev jump to like 4K +
So I turned off the car right away. I can’t adjust the fuel pressure due to this problem and can’t figure out why it raise up like crazy like that. Is it because it need another tune or something else? I thought that the car will start but can’t go on boost before tune.. any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Youre going to need to check to see if the throttle position is off.

You can set fuel pressure with the car not running as well.

I suspect either the throttle body is far too open (mechanical or tune issue) or you have a big vacuum leak on your intake manifold.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre going to need to check to see if the throttle position is off.

You can set fuel pressure with the car not running as well.

I suspect either the throttle body is far too open (mechanical or tune issue) or you have a big vacuum leak on your intake manifold.
But I didn’t touch the throttle body and I cleaned it and put it back it’s not open it just slightly open.

And how can with adjust the fuel pressure with the car being off?

So since the throttle body is normal, I rechecked the intake and no leak everything is tight and good and the intake manifold never been touched.

I know the car need a tune after a turbo install, spooling up and fuel pump but it should start and idle normally without going crazy rev by it self ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts