Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a fix it ticket for exhaust violation # 27150, got it signed off by a random officer but when I went to court they said I have to see the state ref to make sure everything is good..so my appointment is this Friday, I'm using my friends aem intake and have stock car and exhaust, but have a 02 dump pipe should I be worried?

· Registered
718 Posts
CA , ugh dp with Vta is not a good thing. also make sure they have the sticker for the AEM Intake think its got a serial number on it for emmissions.

· Registered
241 Posts
Crap like that is why I am never going to move back to Cali.

· Registered
9,666 Posts
CA , ugh dp with Vta is not a good thing. also make sure they have the sticker for the AEM Intake think its got a serial number on it for emmissions.
+1, I believe you need a ARB/CARB sticker on the intake. They wont care about a serial #. They will care about cats though.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn I hope they just ask me to start the car and that's it, not down to take off the 02 dp :(

· aka mrubino83
4,193 Posts
Damn I hope they just ask me to start the car and that's it, not down to take off the 02 dp :(
Its just a DP, it comes off easily enough. There is a good chance they will notice an 02 dump pipe.

One of the main things they do is to make sure the engine bay looks exactly like it did when it rolled out of the factory. They have manuals and pictures for comparison.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But I don't understand why they would inspect the engine when its for modified exhaust?

· Registered
9,666 Posts
But I don't understand why they would inspect the engine when its for modified exhaust?
Buddy,you do know that exhaust is routed from the engine? So yes they will check your bay because they will look for anything that doesnt match the Factory OEM Picture they have in front of them. Remove the Dump, I would be about 90% it will get spotted or heard, if its VTA.

· Registered
7,866 Posts
Cause they're inspecting the car, not the exhaust system.

Didn't you already get the exhaust system inspected/written off by an officer?

Same thing as taking the car to a Mitsu dealer for warranty work - it needs to be stock.

· Registered
9,666 Posts
Same thing as taking the car to a Mitsu dealer for warranty work - it needs to be stock.

+1 The refs dont mess around. Its even a tier above going to a normal smog station.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's hella dumb though, specially in my town they have no crime so they mess with a 19 year old driving an evo. Yeah I got it signed off by an officer but when I went to pay the fine they said the ref needs to sign it off...ima go with everythig stock but dp cuz I just sold mine :(

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's VTA?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.