Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my car back in April of this year. The car only has 2000 miles on it, and the leather on my steering wheel has started to develop creases. It seems like it is only happening to the top leather piece of the steering wheel.

Is this normal? I have some pictures below:

Here is another:

Spots on the steering wheel with no creases:

Am I being too anal? Should I try to get this warrantied?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I heard some issues with steering wheel but urs look better than mine. Some people on the forum put some leather conditioner and it helped.. I put leather conditioner on mine too and it looks lot better..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ur nOt being too anal.. It's Mitsubishi.. And if u could get it under warrantee than go for it since our cars cost mid to high $30k it's not some pocket change.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the likelihood of getting this replaced under warranty. I feel like if I go to the dealer about this issue they will just say it is normal/wear and tear. I think my best bet might just be Sam at Huntington Beach, but it's quite a drive.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Ive heard alot about this Sam.
So I was getting an oil change at the dealership and saw a BBK waiting to be installed. So I asked him " you guys order aftermarket and do installs?" Sam says "yes".
So I say " what happens to his warranty for having those installed?" He says "oh its all voided." :duh:
So im not too sure how you guys get things covered by him. I was nice and polite. Mostly wondering cause I want some swift spec r's and wheels.

I also have the wrinkle. Figured Sam would say my tint voided the warranty.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
i never even looked at my steering wheel lol, doubt it will be warrantied... i can understand like your Recaro seats coming apart but steering wheel... doubt it

·
Registered
392 Posts
2000 seems a little early for that to start happening. If you aren't happy with it take it to Mitsubishi. They might be able to re-apply the leather.

It also might depend on what kind of climate you are in. I'm in the dry desert, and my steering wheel looks brand new after 7 months / 7k miles.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My leather started getting like little cuts in it and I told the dealer about it when I got my oil changed and he tool one look at it and said they were going to order me a new wheel no questions asked so I would give it a try. Like logitech80 said we are driving $30k+ cars and these things shouldnt happen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts