Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post up your suggestions for what should be on the list. List things that I have not put in the sticky and feel free to PM me if you want. Things such as what to be aware of, things that suck, and things that need attention from the factory. Please limit the BS talk as it will just get deleted. Discuss on this topic only.

Refer to hear before you post
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33641

·
Registered
258 Posts
GSR owners:all owners:
  • check air in tire from dealership
  • fuel surge when less than half tank during tracking
  • mysterious smell in cabin comes from battery/under backseat burnt

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
might want to further clarify your acronyms. "Stock MC blows"

I don't know how many people who are using your thread as a guide will know that "MC" refers to Master Cylinder.

And also, you should reference this thread in that thread....

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
GSR owners get one of these to prevent your car from constantly shocking you........http://www.mizter.com/

·
Registered
614 Posts
GSR owners get one of these to prevent your car from constantly shocking you........http://www.mizter.com/
Errr, the static electricity is on you, not your car. It comes from your clothes dragging on the material of the car seat when you get in and out. So, unless you plan on attaching yourself to this grounding strip, it won't do anything.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bad panasonic baterry.
Done
might want to further clarify your acronyms. "Stock MC blows"

I don't know how many people who are using your thread as a guide will know that "MC" refers to Master Cylinder.

And also, you should reference this thread in that thread....
Done
Spell out FP and FPR. Noobs won't know what it means. :)

Fuel Pump and Fuel Pressure Regulator.
Done

Thanks for the info fellas!

Also remember to stay on topic fellas. The damn shock hazard is on every vehicle depending on where you live so that is not going in there

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hood release cable needs upgraded.

Check spark plugs regularly.
The hood release falls under staying up to date with recall and actually its in the post.

Spark plugs.......meh. Not so sure that is a real common problem. If others agree then Ill post it in there. Thanks though for the info

·
Resting in Peace
7,218 Posts
You might consider this one to be common-sense but it wasn't to me: be paranoid about not overfilling the oil.

On a turbocharged car having the oil level go above the top line can cause the oil return from the turbo to not flow well enough and you can burn out the seals in the turbo. A $29 visit to a quick oil change place is looking expensive for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know it's kind of asking a lot for stuff that is relatively easy to search, but consider putting the links to the threads that talk about each item. Especially for any of the new stuff that we find.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is just too many links. Ill tell you what, if you find the threads and PM me the links for each one, Ill post them. Other than that, people can search for the threads like the rest of us

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Spark plugs.......meh. Not so sure that is a real common problem. If others agree then Ill post it in there. Thanks though for the info
in high boost applications the ceramic tips have broke off on a few members.

stock bov leaks above 25psi. if your spiking above this crush it as you will continue to leak until you go below 20psi

add to running rich that the black smoke coming out of the car at wot is normal

asc has 2 methods of off

stay away from MBCs the stock ecu is more advanced than 95% of the other BC systems out there.

adding a VTA bov will cause your car to run like ass without a tune

get the car aligned 0 toe and -1 all the way around for most folks the toe will save tire life

if your service required light kicks on showing your wheels and your asc is off check your rear diff fluid in the trunk

your car has to be off to adjust the settings for your service intervals.

2010 evos get a much better turn signal sound go change it

1 - 20 of 182 Posts