Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only done the fronts so far, I'm still working on figuring out how to change the rears, but here are the pics for the fronts which I think look great!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, can't wait to get the rears on but that might have to wait for an other day, got people coming over soon so I have to put the tools away. The sides where super easy, just push the marker towards the door and pull the front of it out and it just comes out. No tools required.

The rears, I was hoping I could get from in the trunk, I didn't think it would be so easy as it's part of the bumper cover but I was hoping so i spent all my time on that route I'll have to get under the car soon to get those ones or rear the bumper cover I suppose. ;)

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I give up, can someone tell me the easiest way to get to the rear reflectors so I can replace them? There is no way from in the trunk and I can't get to it from under the car, I assume i have to remove the rear bumper cover but there are no bolts 2 10mm under the trunk lid at the top of the bumper cover seems to loosen the entire rear top of it, I found 2 phillips screws behind each rear wheel and 4 plastic clips around the lower rear, I know there has to be much much more then that but I can't find them. Anyone? Man I'm glad the fronts where SUPER easy, but I guess the rears are making up for it and with no instructions this sucks. Great product but should have instructions with it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Okay I give up, can someone tell me the easiest way to get to the rear reflectors so I can replace them? There is no way from in the trunk and I can't get to it from under the car, I assume i have to remove the rear bumper cover but there are no bolts 2 10mm under the trunk lid at the top of the bumper cover seems to loosen the entire rear top of it, I found 2 phillips screws behind each rear wheel and 4 plastic clips around the lower rear, I know there has to be much much more then that but I can't find them. Anyone? Man I'm glad the fronts where SUPER easy, but I guess the rears are making up for it and with no instructions this sucks. Great product but should have instructions with it.
How do the fronts mount? I'm too lazy to walk to the garage and look after having most of the interior out of it lately...

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do the fronts mount? I'm too lazy to walk to the garage and look after having most of the interior out of it lately...
The sides where super easy, just push the marker towards the door and pull the front of it out and it just comes out. No tools required.
;)

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
One of the first things I did to my black GSR was tinting the side markers and the rear tails. Definitely a must on a dark colored car.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got the rear's on now that I took the front off the rear was super easy.

four plastic clips on the bottom
1 10mm bolt behind the license plate
1 10mm bolt beside the tail lights under the trunk (per side)
1 10mm bolt about 1/3 up the rear wheel well (per side)
if you have mud flaps, 3 10mm bolts (per side)
2 plastic clips (found these way easier to push out by getting under the car and pushing them out one corner at a time) (per side)

then all clips from there and it slides off.

No great pics yet as it's still in the garage for other work so I was limited for room and it's getting really dusty, but here it is FINALLY.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
fantastic effort, I think an official "how to" can be put together on this.. PDX??? ;)

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This isn't STM I just did it, my first time so feel free to comment, again shitty pics but I'll take better ones on the car once it's all back together and clean.

This is the 3rd brake light, steps are

#1 800 grit sand to remove all raised lettering and scuff it up for the night shade.
#2 meth cleaned
#3 3 layers of night shades 10-15 minutes between coats (first coat was too heavy do to my inexperience, then 2 thinner smoother layers)
#4 wait an hour
#5 wet sand with 2000 grit
#6 water cleaned and dried, at this point to you can see if you sanded it all or not I had to do this 3 times.
#7 3 layers of clear 10 minutes apart

Here is what I got.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
really nice

1 - 20 of 22 Posts