Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I've never been able to make the stocker flutter. If it is there's a problem. Aftermarkets will always flutter but the right spring makes it so minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Me neither...but there are a few guys that have complained about it, usually 5th gear going up a hill...throttle open, turbo spooling, but RPMs not climbing fast enough to take in all that air.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I guess I only really realized it was there once I put my uicp on. And it's only high gear low rpm spools Wich I shouldn't be doing anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I guess I only really realized it was there once I put my uicp on. And it's only high gear low rpm spools Wich I shouldn't be doing anyways.

Wait, are you going WOT at low RPM in 5th, and that's when you hear the flutter? If so, that's high load/heavy surge....that's the surge that kills turbos...

·
Registered
116 Posts
It could happen and half throttle low rpm in 4th gear too. Going to throw a tial bov at it and see if it fixes it. I used my buddies synapse and it didnt fludder as much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When is it fluttering? The stock one does flutter when going between boost and vacuum and modding the car to increase boost will increase flutter at that point. Now if its fluttering all the time you have a problem.
Is fluttering bad always though?? My stock BOV flutters when I let off the gas and I’m so confused as to if it is healthy or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nobody has tried this. I get a diverter valve flutter from boost/vacuum transitions. Happened since going to a 3 port.
I tried splicing in a boost pill in the DV line to dampen the flutter. It's not perfected but it did almost kill flutter and boost still drops off fast when letting off the gas.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts