Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I tried to do a search first but I can not find any solid answers. Long story short I blew up my turbo and it shot bits of metal into the FMIC. Luckily the motor was fine but the FMIC sounds like a salt and pepper shaker. After fixing the turbo I am not sure I want to drop more money on another FMIC if I don't have to. I am looking for 400+ WHP.

My old Turbo set up made 420 whp on the Garrett GXT3076r. I was not happy with the spool so I swapped it out for the GTX3071r. I have not tuned the car yet but it is MUCH more responsive. I need to book another tune but not sure if FMIC should be a hold up or not.

I know the bigger FMIC will help with heat soak but this is a street car with minimal track time.

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
648 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was not going to risk it. I installed the stock one since I had it still so that I can get around. I just had some friends tell me that for 4-450 the stock should be fine. I am just looking for guidance, clarification.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Buy my AMS intercooler. PM for details. Don't want to turn this thread into a for sale section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.