·
Registered
987 Posts
Yea the price of a red you can start to get into t3 t4 territory

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yea the price of a red you can start to get into t3 t4 territory
An FP red is 2399 on their site which im sure you could get cheaper if you emailed robert and talked to him. Last I checked a t3/t4 turbo kit is at least 5-6000 plus supporting mods

·
Registered
987 Posts
If you keep a stock exhaust manifold and stock dp yes. But if your going to upgrade both of those as well then it sorta cancels each other out. Supporting mods you need on a red also . Full race manifold 1200. full race down pipe 500. And an internally gated 7670 efr for 2 grand. Thats 3700 for a bigger turbo kit and its including the manifold and dp which your going to do on a red regardless

·
Registered
258 Posts
thats a lot of $$$ and where not even talking about an engine rebuild that'll you'll probably need if you want to really make some power(instead of keeping the trq low, holding back for the stock block)
stock frame turbo upgrade on E85(if available in your area) isnt a bad idea

·
Registered
709 Posts
What is the general opinion about HKS GTII 7460 Kai? It is recomended for the SST evo`s, and it spools as low as the stock turbo, and it is said to make 400 whp, and it can run on the stock internals with a fuel system upgrade.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you keep a stock exhaust manifold and stock dp yes. But if your going to upgrade both of those as well then it sorta cancels each other out. Supporting mods you need on a red also . Full race manifold 1200. full race down pipe 500. And an internally gated 7670 efr for 2 grand. Thats 3700 for a bigger turbo kit and its including the manifold and dp which your going to do on a red regardless
The point of a tubo like FP offers is that most guys already have full bolt ons for their stock unit anyway. A tubular manifold isn't necessary and most guys already have some kind of O2 replacement downpipe for the most part so it's literally just swapping out the turbo which really isn't bad compared to going to a full t3/t4 kit. At the end of the day though everyone's taste is different. I'm just saying that FP offers really nice stock frame upgrades and shouldn't be overlooked saying that price is a huge difference because in reality it isn't a major difference.

·
Registered
987 Posts
^^i totally agree with you. The red is an awsome turbo . And it makes sense if you have full bolt ons already.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My local go-to shop sends stock turbos to FP and charges only 1400 (for a green). He sent 5 or 6 a month ago and they just arrived. The wait time sucks but you definitely don't have to spend over 2k.

He tuned an fp green on e85 and made 460/370 on a dynojet. And 470/375 on a VD. What more do you really need on a stock engine?

·
Registered
924 Posts
My local go-to shop sends stock turbos to FP and charges only 1400 (for a green). He sent 5 or 6 a month ago and they just arrived. The wait time sucks but you definitely don't have to spend over 2k.

He tuned an fp green on e85 and made 460/370 on a dynojet. And 470/375 on a VD. What more do you really need on a stock engine?
Seems a bit high for a green. Sounds more like red terriorty.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
That's not really that high. On a properly set up virtual dyno using dynojet settings my stocker does 420/450 torque. Or 390/393 torque on the actual stm mustang dyno

·
Registered
113 Posts

I got 385/375 on my stock turbo e85 setup on that dyno. And a bone stock Sti put down 270whp. So its pretty spot on.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts