Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only turbo mods I am aware of on the car are a blow off valve but it could be tuned of have MBC because it came with a boost gauge that peaks 25psi and has a vaccuum of -20 my problem is when I pin the throttle the turbo will spool up then at 6000rpm it will skip the car will shift hard with jolt and then I get a check engine light and the AWC screen turns yellow and turns traction control off. After I shut the car off and let it sit I can start it back up with no issues, I'm new to turbos so I'm wondering what my problem might be?

·
Registered
171 Posts
In to see what others say.

Edit: Removed wrong information.

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
The only turbo mods I am aware of on the car are a blow off valve but it could be tuned of have MBC because it came with a boost gauge that peaks 25psi and has a vaccuum of -20 my problem is when I pin the throttle the turbo will spool up then at 6000rpm it will skip the car will shift hard with jolt and then I get a check engine light and the AWC screen turns yellow and turns traction control off. After I shut the car off and let it sit I can start it back up with no issues, I'm new to turbos so I'm wondering what my problem might be?
Get the car to a qualified tuner right away.

·
Registered
536 Posts
^this. Or post up some logs and get woth some of our etuners: chetrickerman, Hollywood X, baka..etc. I am have been in touch with chet and even though my tuning wont begin till march, he is very helpful. And from the reviews of the others. I am sure they are as well. gl op

·
Registered
866 Posts
Overboosting ,my car was doing the same with AP stage 2.u need a costume tune AsAP ..

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I'm not a tuner but how on earth does the transmission cause an overboost situation.

I know an overboost can open the clutch packs and cause engine overspeed issues (MAZZAB) but not the other way around.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
It has to do with the high tuned psi at high rpms up at 25psi apparently inn between shifts it's getting over boosted I'm no tuner either but I'm getting a full retune to around 19psi

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Stop whatever you are doing and get a tuner from these forums Hollywood, golden, baka. You can get tuned so that you don't overboost in the winter and it has nothing to do with sst. You can run way more than 19psi without issues if the tune is sound.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
your tuner is lying to you...simple as that
This, they lied to you about knowing how to tune an evo x, then they lied again by telling you the best way to fix this issue is to lower boost to 19psi.

Doing that will technically fix your problem but the issue is that the only person that would go about fixing your issue in this manner HAS NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
It has to do with the high tuned psi at high rpms up at 25psi apparently inn between shifts it's getting over boosted I'm no tuner either but I'm getting a full retune to around 19psi

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
You realize that the stock tune is ~20psi right?

There are thousands of people on here with MR's who run 24-26psi without any issues. It's because they have good tunes from people who've been tuning only evo's for years and years. I sure hope your tuner has extensive experience with the X and SST.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.