Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How far has anyone pushed a stock turbo too? I'm hoping to get close to 500? Maybe like full bolt ons, cams, e85, tune? Or close enough to 500. And whats a safe boost level for the stock turbos before they blow? I'm the 3rd owner of my X and the previous owner said he tuned my car on 27 pounds. It seems a bit high to me, not so sure though. My only mods are a tbe, mbc, and a tune.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think ive seen the stocker up somewhere about 400 or so whp on a dynapack dyno w/ the bolt ons metioned above.

And 27psi isnt too bad as long as the tuner can keep your tq under 370 which is about our limits due to those lil rods. Well this atleast from what ive read :) There might be people out there that have hit higher #'s...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think you'll get very close to 500.
Like Louiesevox said.
I've seen stockers in the low 400's on E85 on dynapacks as well but never anything higher.
If you're looking to keep the turbo stock appearing but want 500 whp, get a Red or BBX.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,861 Posts
How far has anyone pushed a stock turbo too? I'm hoping to get close to 500? Maybe like full bolt ons, cams, e85, tune? Or close enough to 500. And whats a safe boost level for the stock turbos before they blow? I'm the 3rd owner of my X and the previous owner said he tuned my car on 27 pounds. It seems a bit high to me, not so sure though. My only mods are a tbe, mbc, and a tune.
not even close

you could if the dyno you were on had a 1.4 correction factor :bowlol:

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
yeah, the turbo is limited by its design to a certain power level. Once you get into that neighborhood (high 300s) you can't just "push it harder" to get more power.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
curious as to how much the lifespan of the stocker is decreased by trying to max it out and keeping it there??

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
My stock turbo is on 30psi. Not one count of knock either.

Even with all the bolt-ons, you wont make anywhere close to 500hp with the stocker.

·
Registered
343 Posts
FP Red is the way to go, send in your core and have it upgraded to FP Red and you should have no problems getting to 500. I plan on doing so early spring next year.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Red doesn't get to 500 easily (even with e-85). With e-85 you may be able to scrape 500 but it's pushing it. If you want a legit 500 you need a black.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,861 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Thats 34 pounds, E-85 on a built engine in very cold weather. I wouldn't recommend that to any stock block user.

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Kickass is right, there are a few 500bhp evo X's still running stock turbo! but no way can you expect 500whp/630bhp from a stock turbo!!!

thats about..... 500BHP x 0.74= 370WHP

If your talking... 500WHP / 0.74= 630bhp!!

not possible Im afraid!! you will need a bigger turbo.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts