Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
No bone stock numbers, but my first dyno numbers with full bolt on,no 20g upgrade yet,no cams,no meth at 93 octane @26psi peak dropping to 22psi 358hp

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
No bone stock numbers, but my first dyno numbers with full bolt on,no 20g upgrade yet,no cams,no meth at 93 octane @26psi peak dropping to 22psi 358hp
Seems like very solid gains then, enjoy that super responsive setup!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You need to get some 93 out there. I made 377 on 93.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Well could depend on the dyno, as we all know they don't read the same. If you guys both had baseline pulls with a completely stock car we could tell if it's apples to apples numbers or not. :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
True true, also I am sure there are some differences like he has CAMs and I don't. I have have a 4" Intercooler, he has a 3.5" most likely. ect..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I cant tell about my car bone stock hp but i was on the dyno one day and a client came with a bone stock evo x and put down like 251hp

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I cant tell about my car bone stock hp but i was on the dyno one day and a client came with a bone stock evo x and put down like 251hp
Well that is a pretty good gain over stock then!

I'm liking this 20G upgrade more and more, especially if you want to keep the full launching response off the line with the stock 2.0 on the Evo X MR. The 5000 rpm stationary limiter that is controlled by the TCU in the SST Trans is severely holding back any of the larger turbo setups that would otherwise be running relatively easy 11's and 10's.

The counter to that is running a 2.2L or even a 2.4L engine and then find a turbo that will spool at least as fast as an FP Green on a 2.0L. That seems to be the threshold of where your launches and 60' times don't bog too badly. In the mean time the extra 3-4 psi above 6000 rpm makes me think that this or the new MHI turbo is what should have come on these cars from the factory.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found a guy that does this for 1100 including shipping. 1200 and you keep your turbo. He uprated it to 550 hp capable. Should just need pump and injectors. Someone please give more info on this please.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I paid like $140.00 for the 20 Housing and wheel, then had a shop balance it for $500.00.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
$500 to balance the turbo?

I wouldn't expect to pay more than $100-$150 if I handed it to someone but maybe I'm not aware of what is involved. :innocent:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there any upgrades you can do to the stock turbo? Housing, compressor wheel, etc. I am looking for something like this without sending it to fp. Not too sure about this eBay kit, did some research on the company to find out that they took the design from another company. I also found some ix owners that run ARASHI turbos with no problems. Looking for some or any input
ive used this and everything was good for me. did you end up going with the kit? or went to fp?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts