Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really a ugly ricey thing or can I actually get some props. It's a 3" tbe full straight pipe exhaust my buddy is an Evo guru on socalevo.net and says that is a no way jose don't waist the money. But its only $160??? What do you think.. advice please. Love the sound its so raw and I guess that's what makes it sound like an exhaust leak and not for an Evo but yes for SRT-4

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ I came from a 05cbr600rr with a two Bros slip on and I love the throatiness of those sounds but I did agree with him but that is one thing I will give to the SRT-4 family is the sound of their exhaust amazing but I guess I am solo in this. Modds can delete this thread. I can already see the jokes coming

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
I have a straight exhaust and its pretty good. I dont think theres anything wrong with it

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
I had a straight pipe on my X and my GT-R.....and it was just waaay to loud, and got pretty embarrassing when driving it around on the street. Not to mention the X with a straight pipe pretty much sounded like my exhaust just fell off. It did NOT sound all bad ass full race.....IMHO it sounded like shit. GT-R was a little better, but people just looked at me like something was wrong with my car....not all enamored on how bad ass it sounded.

I'm all for my cars getting attention, but I was getting the "Civic with a fart can type of attention" which was NOT the look I was going for.

Not sure how the Police are in your area, but you might get some unwanted attention from those guys as well. I'd say if you're looking for stupid loud exhaust, get an electronic cut out, or a external dump. Straight pipe exhaust IMHO is for the track, not the street!

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Why is it so cheap? Is it good quality stainless steel? 304 or 401 or something like that.
I'd be weary of any and all cheap products. Look at the vendors on here for a good quality exhaust. ETS and AMS made good loud exhausts. Fred Beans, DSG and MAP carry other companies.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm all for my cars getting attention, but I was getting the "Civic with a fart can type of attention" which was NOT the look I was going for.
This is such the case.

Now rockin' Apex RS and couldn't be happier. Low-end has returned.

OP, I'm in Socal and have a 3" CP-e cat-back straight pipe setup for sale. Been trying to get rid of it for months. 140 and it's yours man. It's also posted up on Socalevo dot net.

·
Registered
616 Posts
OMG. I'm getting horrific flashbacks of my setup.

·
Registered
190 Posts
dam it guys, your making me nervious..I'm putting on my ets v2 extreem + straight pipe + open dump next week.. hope i dont hate it :duh:

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
It may be cool for a few days because its new and bad ass but it will be insanely loud and get tiring after a while. I would install just the ets catback and drive that for a week or two. Then install the test pipe and see how much louder it gets. If that still isnt loud enough then god bless you and your ear drums and toss that downpipe on.

·
Registered
190 Posts
lol..well I guess I could always throw a testpipe with a hfc in there if the need arises...or maby swap the rear section out fo rthe resonated one

It may be cool for a few days because its new and bad ass but it will be insanely loud and get tiring after a while. I would install just the ets catback and drive that for a week or two. Then install the test pipe and see how much louder it gets. If that still isnt loud enough then god bless you and your ear drums and toss that downpipe on.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
dam it guys, your making me nervious..I'm putting on my ets v2 extreem + straight pipe + open dump next week.. hope i dont hate it :duh:
the ets extreme has a resonator inline which cuts down on the sound a little. now the open dump you might want to rethink, I had the ets one for about a month then took it off and swapped with the recirced.

anyway to the OP there is no way that your going to get a full TBE for the evo for $160!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
my exhaust setup is ams dp no cat converter and 3 inch ams exhaust. and i do have a vibrant muffler which i think is the one ams used until they get some custom ones with the ams name on it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
the ets extreme has a resonator inline which cuts down on the sound a little. now the open dump you might want to rethink, I had the ets one for about a month then took it off and swapped with the recirced.

Why would you change the open dump... its only open once you get past ~17psi, otherwise its just as quiet as a recirculated downpipe. If you want to quiet down your exhaust get a HFC or if your running a ETS straight pipe change the axle back section to the quiet version.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Why would you change the open dump... its only open once you get past ~17psi, otherwise its just as quiet as a recirculated downpipe. If you want to quiet down your exhaust get a HFC or if your running a ETS straight pipe change the axle back section to the quiet version.
Thats exactly what i was thinking..or get one of those cheap full titanium ones (single exit)

·
Registered
190 Posts

anyway to the OP there is no way that your going to get a full TBE for the evo for $160!!
I think the old ones had resonators..not the v2's lol so yea this is going to be interesting

1 - 20 of 40 Posts