Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Why would you change the open dump... its only open once you get past ~17psi, otherwise its just as quiet as a recirculated downpipe. If you want to quiet down your exhaust get a HFC or if your running a ETS straight pipe change the axle back section to the quiet version.

because when the wastegate opened up it was FUCKING LOUD!

I think the old ones had resonators..not the v2's lol so yea this is going to be interesting
you can always tell them to put a resonator on there for ya ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Running the Speed circuit wicked edition from our fearless leader, its basically a straight pipe but does have a resonator. no mufflers. Its on the loud side but sounds so deep and mean I love it.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I was recently at RRE in LA when someone showed up with a X GSR that had no mufflers, just several resonators. I thought it sounded like shit. It was definitely an attention getter. It was ear splitting loud if you were nearby with the car on the dyno. With just straight pipes you'll be getting that kind of noise but turned up to eleven.

I wouldn't do it, but hey I had RRE build me the quietest system we could dream up and I'm still thinking about changing it to make it quieter...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, i have a full 3" straight pipe but i do have a magnaflow muffler and it is TOOO quiet. Im taking it out today and going full straight all the way to the back. No mufflers, no resonators. So later today i can tell you how it sound!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Well, i have a full 3" straight pipe but i do have a magnaflow muffler and it is TOOO quiet. Im taking it out today and going full straight all the way to the back. No mufflers, no resonators. So later today i can tell you how it sound!!
Your gonna love the way it sounds.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Wowww. Omg !! This is way too loud!!!!!!!!!! Nop. This is to much noise. Is anoying. But my magnaflow muffler was to quiet. What i can do now to have a happy medium. Not as quiet as the magnaflow and not to loud as it is now.
I will post vids later. Im in my gf house and cant do to much noise here!!

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
What do you have on the car before the catback? Test pipe? If so then get a high flow cat which should quiet it down a bit.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the grave...

After reading different comments here, I would have to disagree with the majority.

Over the weekend I went to this well known muffler shop in my town and decided to get a straight pipe cat back. I pulled the trigger on this set up because I wanted to try something different. My buddy bought the ETS v2 Extreme before I did and I'm glad he did because that gave me the chance to check it out. Honestly guys the v2 extreme looks nice but it's just a pipe with mendrel bends and tig welding. I got the stainless steel 3'' with mendrel bends & tig weld for $330. I have no problem with ETS goodies but spending almost 1g for a CAT back sounds crazy. I went this route because it was well around my budget and sounds the same as the ETS :rock:

Oh and I love the rumbles and pop farts I get... :priceless:

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the grave...

After reading different comments here, I would have to disagree with the majority.

Over the weekend I went to this well known muffler shop in my town and decided to get a straight pipe cat back. I pulled the trigger on this set up because I wanted to try something different. My buddy bought the ETS v2 Extreme before I did and I'm glad he did because that gave me the chance to check it out. Honestly guys the v2 extreme looks nice but it's just a pipe with mendrel bends and tig welding. I got the stainless steel 3'' with mendrel bends & tig weld for $330. I have no problem with ETS goodies but spending almost 1g for a CAT back sounds crazy. I went this route because it was well around my budget and sounds the same as the ETS :rock:

Oh and I love the rumbles and pop farts I get... :priceless:
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
hahaha

But ETS v2 Extreme + TP + o2 Dump DP

WOOOOOOOO YESSS.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts