Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal, I want my Evo to be louder. I'll admit that it is mostly for show, but I am not totally shunning performance aspects of this mod. I am torn between just removing the muffler in the back and sticking in a "T" pipe, or saving up for an exhaust. Which would you recommend, and why? My primary motive against an exhaust is money. Is a nice exhaust worth it?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Alot of people custom make their exhausts it's completely up to you and if you trust the shop that makes your pipes, alot of shops will bend/weld pipes to dimensions you give them. In my mind a pipe is a pipe but I still buy my exhaust cause I'm lazy and don't want to deal with a shop lol.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Louder? Buy an external dump downpipe and that should do the trick even with the stock setup

Or you can just do an electric cutout. That would do the trick as well

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
ETS V2 Extreme.

/thread

·
Registered
103 Posts
If your worried about money I picked up the CNT RS TBE for a great price and it looks great and gives it a perfect sound with hardly any drone at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Check out the top speed pro-1 exhaust, it's super loud. And costs about the same as the Cnt rs dual they have an eBay store, but don't worry, it's not a cheapo. I had their exhaust on my z and it was the awsome!! There are clips on you tube to give you an idea. That being said I'm going with the cnt because the pro-1 is too loud for my current situation.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
"Nice" is too broad a word for exhausts. They're all steel pipes, some with the burnt tip, some not. Some loud, some quieter, others sound like garbage SRT4's etc.

Do you want single exit or dual? You must answer this question first. You can have loud w/ either single or dual.

·
Registered
807 Posts
So, just looked it up, as it turns out, it is Texas law that I have to have a muffler. That being said, I'm just looking for a nice exhaust. Recommendations anyone?
Its also illegal to run a test pipe, yet many of us do. I've been running a full straight pipe exhaust for almost a year now with no trouble from the cops. Get whatever exhaust you want, just don't drive like and idiot or live in Cali :p

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
So, just looked it up, as it turns out, it is Texas law that I have to have a muffler. That being said, I'm just looking for a nice exhaust. Recommendations anyone?
UR single or dual.

Inexpensive and sounds great. I have the single and it's so mellow but burbly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.