Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So switched turbos recently to a MHI 18K. I messed up putting the o ring on the turbo drain tube and it was ripped and had a leak there. Got it fixed and then noticed a leak here =[ Car has 22k miles on it and i have never touched anything close to make this spot leak.

Saw it was common for the pan seal to leak but higher where this is at

I wonder if the dealer near me would warranty me with having so much done to the car so far or just laugh at me.

The leak looks like were the 3 corners of the engine meet up and then goes always across the oil pan seal above the drain plug.

·
[Global Mod], [Local Team Member]
2,511 Posts
Pull it off clean it reseal it and bolt it back on.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
i resealed with the white RTV stuff. Its solid. Only problem is i must not have sealed it right because i'm seeping at the front and the rear. Now i can't get the oil pan off cause that shits on so tight. Any reccomendations?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
small commercial spatula and a hammer.
See that's just it. Due to the location of the pan seal, its impossible to swing a hammer parallel to the pan's face. No room. Unless there's a technique i'm not aware of.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't suggest swinging anything around the engine bay. Or swinging anything to remove the oil pan either, you can damage the engine components.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the leak years ago. Finally getting back to this Forum. It ended up being the Oring for the Turbo drain that goes into the block. Newb self tore it when putting it in way back when i was learning this car and wrenching. Change it and been good since. And alot has change with the car since then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts