1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
I was thinking the same...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not much info available currently on the new STI, but they're gonna need to make it one hell of a car to compete with the new EVO. The new interior on the Impreza is supposed to be really nice, I have only seen pictures... so I can't give my own opinion just yet. There is a video on youtube where they are testing exhausts on the new WRX on the dyno, and without tuning. They look at the dyno graph and comment that it's running dangerously lean without engine management. Still, they do pick up over 30hp/40tq at the wheels. I'm not a fan of the plastic endtanks on the intercooler or the plastic intake manifold, but those parts are easily replaced, and might not even be so bad ultimately. The weight savings is obvious, but the insulation/heat soak properties ... I dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5KJMe-4Eqs

I've been pushing on the subaru forums for the new imprezas nickname "Toyot-Eye" or "Camr-Eye" due to the Toyota influenced design.

02-03 - bugeye
04-05 - blobeye
06-07 - vageye or eagleeye (depending on who you ask)
08-?? - *to be determined*

In any case, I love my bugeye.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Something about an advantage in the rally rules. Having a 5 door gives you some kind of allowance for a lighter weight or something.

Yeah, that thing screams Mazdaspeed 3.

Looks like it officially debuts in 2 days.

oh ok i was wondering why they went that route since the previous one's were'nt.looks like they might of founf inpiration the in the mazda's.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.