Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been around the forums for many, many years.

A few years ago I came across a guy, who was literally teaching street tuning

Free Online K-pro Tuning

(its a sister forum, I hopefully can link without penilization)

He doesnt really teach tuning for free. You can run a datalog, he will look it over with you (on the phone), point out some area's of concern, mention some area's for opportunity.

He really sells a class, in which he will later go back and work with you to build your tune. He does nothing, just guides you through the steps, teaching you theory along the way. He works with you for a specific time (usually a couple of hours, here and there), usually until your ready to go at it alone, and then works with his clients addressing concerns and answering questions as they arise. The cost is typically higher than a traditional street tune, as he has to invest more effort, teaching rather than doing.

Working with him I was able to get 330+ Whp on a street tuned s/c'd k20 engine, and when I brought it to a "professional tuner" he was only able to pick up another 10-12 whp over what I had done. Personally I wish I felt more confident messing with my evo.

I think alot of members would pay the extra upfront, so they would feel confident making little adjustments later on.

Just a suggestion.

Rich

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
A free-for-all thread is different from a paid class. I like the idea.

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
PPT is the shit! lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
quite a great idea.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Good Idea for sure. There was a guy I was working with on here I think his name was koolDino or something like that. Basically did the same thing, but more e-tuning than teaching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts