Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a new set of wheels soon and right now the front runner are the volk te37's. However, I am looking for some suggestions on what other types have a similar look and as close to in quality as possible. What do you guys think?

Also should I get 18x8.5 or 18x9.5?

·
Cunning Linguist
12,473 Posts
18x9.5 +22 at minimum. 10 or 10.5 will look even better.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me I have done nothing but research a million different options. I like the look of the volks but again they are about 4k. I'm just curious if there are others options I haven't seen. Also, if I went to say a 10 or 10.5 would that rub at all? And would I lose any gas mileage?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Trust me I have done nothing but research a million different options. I like the look of the volks but again they are about 4k. I'm just curious if there are others options I haven't seen. Also, if I went to say a 10 or 10.5 would that rub at all? And would I lose any gas mileage?
Gas mileage? Why would your concern be gas mileage in a car that already gets shitty mileage?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
18x9.5 is a great size. With a +22 offset it looks great too =] Definitely don't go any smaller than 9.5 unless you plan to Auto X in the STU class and can't run tires wider than 245's :p

·
Registered
201 Posts
honestly the current gas mileage doesn't bother me. I just don't want to drop the amount of mileage down even further for something that I can easily avoid by going a half size or a full size smaller. I do love the look of the wider wheel and tire
18x9.5 is a great size. With a +22 offset it looks great too =] Definitely don't go any smaller than 9.5 unless you plan to Auto X in the STU class and can't run tires wider than 245's :p

Yeah I hear you. At one point I was considering buying a 265 tire but again, it's another option which is why I wanted some input from everyone on which is a good brand of wheel plus the most optimal size wheel/tire for a dd

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I have both 18x9.5+22 and 18x9.5+18.
Both look great but I would say the +18s look better..........stance wise. They sit flush and with 3* of camber......:hititsign:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I can never get myself to spend 4k on wheels. Get some Rota grids for a 1/4 of the cost of the volk's and the other 3k id spend on a bigger turbo or something. That kind of money on rims just seems ridiculous to me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes. 18x9.5 flat black and they do the same job as the volks and frankly look badass. All wheels will crack at some point, pot holes don't discriminate. :)

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Wouldn't worry about the gas, the difference will be negligible IMO. I get better gas mileage on my current mods than I did stock oddly enough :pm (when cruising)

·
Registered
205 Posts
No they def aren't better. For a lil bit extra cost id go w wedsports (I forgot the model name). Those wheels are sick!! I might transition to those soon. Really depends on how much ur willing to spend...

·
Registered
458 Posts
18 10.5 15
275 35 18

this setup is pretty aggressive, just drop roll camber and ur car will look sick. any wider and you'll need wide body kit

now as far as wheels, you really need to do more research. pick what you like, obviously you're kidding about the amount of time you've done on research because if you've done even a little research, you will find so many different types of pictures for evos.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.