AMS UPPER,Lower pipe
Ams cold air intake
Ams wide open down pipe
Ams high flow cat
Hks Dual car back exhaust
Gram speed boost control
Mishimoto Radiator
Cobb Accessport
I don’t know if there any good cost efficient turbo I can get,i hope it can start spool around 3500rpm and keep pully up to redline. just wanna push the car to 400whp as a street daily car with 91 oct. right now i saw the AMS stx500 turbo upgrade kit Gt30R I suppose and MHI 18k,AMS turbo is quite pricey lol. Thank you guys !

·
Registered
156 Posts
18K isn't going to hit 400whp on 91 octane.
I'd look at the GTX 3071R as a good pump gas turbo. It starts to spool around 3500 and hits hard by 4000RPM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
precision turbo with twin scrolls headers intake, and new injectors with bigger pump bigger intercooler and upper lower piping will do it...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, there's a difference between cost effective and cheap. The 3071 R meets all of his requests as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise, the message is that 400hp on pump gas isn't cheap.
The gtx3576 doesn't really come on to power until 5000 RPM. Sure, it's good for another 200hp but that wasn't the OPs request.
The gtx3071R:
Will make 400hp on pump gas.
Has the spool characteristics requested.
Utilizes stock manifold and his existing downpipe - cost effective as it gets for what's being asked.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'd look at the GTX 3071R as a good pump gas turbo. It starts to spool around 3500 and hits hard by 4000RPM.

18K (plus fuel upgrades) definitely will if you're measured on a dynojet... just sayin. lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, there's a difference between cost effective and cheap. The 3071 R meets all of his requests as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise, the message is that 400hp on pump gas isn't cheap.
The gtx3576 doesn't really come on to power until 5000 RPM. Sure, it's good for another 200hp but that wasn't the OPs request.
The gtx3071R:
Will make 400hp on pump gas.
Has the spool characteristics requested.
Utilizes stock manifold and his existing downpipe - cost effective as it gets for what's being asked.
I fully agree with you. GTX3071r is an amazing turbo, especially the Gen 2.
I got one myself and are at 412 whp on 93, at 25 psi and it’s mega responsive. The sound is also wonderful. Need a 3”inch in and out of the turbo though, else will run into the wall.

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
With the same mods as OP? On 91 Octane? I doubt it.

Here's one that barely hit 400whp, with cams, and it was on the ragged edge and blew up:

Similar mods, 386whp

Nearly every 18k tune I've seen is well below 400whp on pump gas and just North of it on E85. It just doesn't flow enough air. Look at the compressor maps, it's way out of its efficiency range for 400whp. I can be done, but not as the OP stated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
K&N typhoon kit
ETS 4.5in FMIC (gift from wife! She didn't like seeing the silver core so had it annodized black to blend in)
Buschur Racing CB
ETS HFC
MAP open dump
MHI 18K
DW65c fp
1000cc FIC Injectors
GS 3-port
AMS tuned on 93
432/344
it really depends on the dyno and obviously the tuner. the one I posted was on a dynojet and only diff was 93 oct vs 91

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
OH here you go, mhi 93 Oct 430whp
Again, yes on Dynojet. Go find a Mustang dyno and come right back and post those. I got measured at a Dynojet and a Mustang dyno when I had my last turbo (MAP EF2), and the difference was about 60hp. If I would have gotten dyno'd in Florida, hp numbers would have been way higher than that. LOL

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well the op didn't specify 400hp of which dyno 🤷‍♂️ but I agree mustang and dynojet are bout 60 hp diff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Agree to what he say
I get an 08 evo x with 100k km on it, right now have
Ams intercooler
AMS UPPER,Lower pipe
Ams cold air intake
Ams wide open down pipe
Ams high flow cat
Hks Dual car back exhaust
Gram speed boost control
Mishimoto Radiator
Cobb Accessport
I don’t know if there any good cost efficient turbo I can get,i hope it can start spool around 3500rpm and keep pully up to redline. just wanna push the car to 400whp as a street daily car with 91 oct. right now i saw the AMS stx500 turbo upgrade kit Gt30R I suppose and MHI 18k,AMS turbo is quite pricey lol. Thank you guys !
I have the stock turbo/ manifold but have all the other bolt ons . Check my thread you will see the list of parts . Car is flex tuned and I'm making 400whp/385wtq . I run my car mostly on e85 . Been almost a year now and it runs smooth no problems . I know this doesn't help answer your question but you don't need bigger turbo to make 400whp .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts