Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my diff its making weird noise especialy at 60 mph cruise, I thought it was my solid mounts but swaped stock ones and whinning is still there..

My car is making some power and I dont do any road racing so I figured swapping stronger mechanical rear diff would make more sense in my case( also replacement is cheaper)
Does any one know what sheptrans rear diff conversion comes with?
There is no info on the website.
All i know is that i need to plug my ayc lines, and get DSS rear axles which are 899$
What else??
Special mount etc??

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Talk to drastik. He has that setup I believe

·
Registered
863 Posts
The kit is new axles and adapter to mount 8/9 diff to x rear sub frame. Also don't meet to plug lines. The hard lines that come off the back, there are 2 rubber flex hoses. Take one completely off at the top. Take other one and disconnect from hard-line coming from diff. That end connect to other side making a u shape with flex joint.

·
Registered
588 Posts
There is a bracket, which you can buy FROM MITSUBISHI, that will mount the IX rear diff to the X. The DSS axles are nothing more than Ralliart rear axles. You can confirm this by cross-checking Evo X RS part numbers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I did this with the sheep trans kit. The hardware from the dif to the drive shaft is evo 8/9. I did like the post above suggested and made a u with one of the oem flex lines. Everything works fine. I only drive in ayc off..off now.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
There is a bracket, which you can buy FROM MITSUBISHI, that will mount the IX rear diff to the X. The DSS axles are nothing more than Ralliart rear axles. You can confirm this by cross-checking Evo X RS part numbers.
You wouldn.t happen to have part numbers for this?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
While that may be true, DSS axles are rated for 900 hp and I'm sure they're not just making that claim up

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Just did this conversion on mine. While ur at it you may as well have them do a 12 friction surface upgrade with the HD side plate to the diff. Send Shep a core, theyll build it and send you the adapter bracket, bolts, and DSS axles for the conversion. The side mounts from the oem diff simply transfer over.

For the pinion flange where it bolts to the driveshaft you can either use 8/9 bolts, nuts and washers or I believe you can swap over the X pinion flange and not have to go from the oem M10 bolts to the 8/9 M8 bolts. I haven't tested this yet, I've got the X flange sitting on my work bench waiting to be swapped on once I have time.

Attached some photos. DSS axles are far larger than oem X axles, especially at the inside cup.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
There shouldn't be a warning on at all for it....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Why would they do that. You still need that pump lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah i have resolve my problem

a general sensor has 3 wire. a 5volt, a ground and the signal.

now i just put a resistor and a diod to trik the computer like he is receiving a regular signal.

so now the computer think it has pressure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts