Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
It is capable of better quality, but out of the box it will suck. I had to install Viper4Android to actually get it to be nice. They don't bother with software there.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
It's a software that installed on root level and changes the sound coming out of the unit. It has all sorts o advanced optimizations installed. Basically does the sound quality improvement that is usually achieved with a quality amplifier on a software level. Brilliant thing, Google Viper4Android.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's a software that installed on root level and changes the sound coming out of the unit. It has all sorts o advanced optimizations installed. Basically does the sound quality improvement that is usually achieved with a quality amplifier on a software level. Brilliant thing, Google Viper4Android.
Nice man! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
^ That's because you have to root the device to install low level drivers like V4A. Google Play doesn't like that.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
where i can get direct update links for the unit?
anyone knows?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which link did you buy off and what happened? I thought it was all Alibaba stuff anyway lol.

Also I see there is a android 9.1 version out now

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone having issues connecting the apple CarPlay dongle to the unit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 9.0 with rockfordgate and the sub in the back isn’t kicking on and I have the canbus anyone else with this issue.. all speakers in the car work tho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 9.0 with rockfordgate with the canbus but the sub in the back don’t kick on all other speakers work anyone else have this issue

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you plugged all three harness up then that may be your problem. I just went through this, then you'll have to play eith the eq to get it back to your liking

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 9.0 with rockfordgate with the canbus but the sub in the back don’t kick on all other speakers work anyone else have this issue
yeah I’m facing this issue now too.
I have a 2013 with the RF, and Android 9 as well.
Rear speakers seems nonexistent, as all the volume comes out of one channel, which is the front speakers.

Have you solved this issue? BT sound quality somewhat sucks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did this and my OEM RF rear sub output is poor. I only hooked up the main harness. I hooked up the three connectors to the OEM connectors. Is this right? I did not hook up or Even attach the amp or camera harness.

thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Secondary question... does anyone know what the small grey connector is on the factory radio harness? It’s the smaller of the three.

Robert

21 - 39 of 39 Posts