Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I easily installed one of these popular SYGAV Android units into my 2011 EvoX with Rockford Fosgate system. Works well but I cannot connect the unit to the OEM backup camera which came with my EVO. I ordered the SYGAV adapter harness made for this purpose but there is nowhere to plug in the adapter once I spliced in the wires as directed. See photo. There is no 7or 8 pin plug in coming from the dash and I cannot find the wires coming from the dash/car that controls the backup camera. I messaged their tech support (which by the way get back to me quickly). They said they will refund me for the adapter since it doesn't fit and they supplied me with a schematic, but I cannot figure out where to splice in the wires. They said it would be the wires that would normally connect to C-152 in the back of the OEM unit. In the meantime, I am working with the tech support people and if I get a solution I will post but in the meantime: Any suggestions out there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have the OEM BUC, and I didn't try to hard to get the harness pins to work as the grounds and reverse trigger may require a different profile to work properly. It was fairly simple to run a new wire straight from the head unit (RCA) back to the camera. I suspect the OEM camera could be tapped into further back in the trunk to make a more conventional connection. It was a bit of a PITA to pull the trim up to run the wires, but not too bad. BTW, I didn't use that last plug either. FWIW, I just installed a new BUC in my truck, and it was not a simple snip and go job from the previous camera, even though it was a 4 wire system. One camera didn't require the additional trigger to turn on, while the last one I put in did required it to be connected.

My question for you, does the FADER or Sub control to work from the head unit? Mine never did, but the speakers all worked with very good sound, and the Equalizer did have some influence over the sub. FWIW, my unit had a screen problem just out of warranty, so I never persued the issue and just replaced it. My new unit has much better daylight screen, but has a similar problem with the fader and Sub. Apparently, a different equalizer app, "Viper for Android" may be able to trigger the RF amp to fade and change the Punch settings. Unfortunately it may not be as simple as downloading the App as it must be rooted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the wiring back to the camera is a PIA... I'll do that as a final resort. I am trying to avoid that and have been in constant contact with the SYGAV support with pictures. I am determined to get this to work. They said it should. They have an electrical diagram for the EVO X with the OEM camera. They said to use a 12V -6V converter between the trigger and camera power as the camera runs on 6V. I did have to cut all the wires from the Rockford Unit, so it is unlikely I can sell it as used unless the buyer has the entire harness. Anyway, I'll post the wiring pics if and when it works. At this point it's possible my 12V-6V converter is not functioning, I need to pick up a multimeter to check. I am pretty much a novice at electronics and only have a basic knowledge but it is a great way to learn.... it's taken me 4 weeks so far!, but I'm cool with that as I'm retired.
Oh yeah and the Rockford sub, fader and equalizer work on my unit.
I would suggest getting in touch with SYGAV support if the new app doesn't fix. I connected with them through Amazon since that is where I purchased, but their web site likely has the contact info. They are very responsive and get back to you sometime in less than an hour by e-mail. They are from China and looks like their replies use a translator app... but props to them for their support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There have been continual issues noted in 08-10 Evos getting the RF AMP to Fade and to get control of the Sub with aftermarket heads. One thing that is quite noticeable is the "auto correcting" of the input signal to the amp, so that if you move any of the EQ band adjustments the volume drops. Most just changed out the AMP to get normal functioning.

I see you have the 2011, but I have the 2010. I wonder if they changed any of the wiring or the AMP feeds? My vehicle's dash plug doesn't have wires or pins for the REAR L&R input, so the RF amp only see the Front L & R signals. However, through the OEM RF Head unit (without NAV) both Fader and Punch worked by a signal of some type. Both Mito-2 connectors and Canbus adapters supplied with my new 10.2" heads had similar pin-outs that included both front and rear outputs, and a separate output for Sub Control. On your main audio connector, do you have REAR L & R wires on the vehicle harness connector?

Perhaps the signal wires for the AMP are in the NAV harness that is taped up in the dash on my car? I suspect the wires for the "not there" adapter for your BUC are there as well. Of course, in my case it could just be a mis-programmed Canbus Adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts