Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TLDR: Garbage customer service, garbage product.

Been wanting to make a review for awhile but forgot.

I bought a Synapse DV to replace my OEM BOV since I heard good things about them. Right after installation the DV would leak really badly, so I called them(called everyday for a week before they picked up :wtfsign:) and spoke with Brenda. She gave me troubleshooting tips but to no avail.

A few days later she transferred me to a guy who ended up being really rude and blamed my installation for the leak. He said the vacuum line(to intake manifold) that goes on top of the DV should be connected to a boost source(which it is). I told him my thoughts on it, but he said "I don't give a s**t what you think". I was pretty taken aback because not once was I ever rude when speaking with him. After that I tried what he said and put the vacuum line to a boost source that before the intake manifold, but the DV was still leaking.

After showing video proof they stopped responding to the emails and frankly I was tired of dealing with them. So I threw the DV away and bought a Tial which was cheaper, nicer and did not leak.

I should have done this before buying, but I read the Facebook reviews on Synapse and wasn't surprised to see its rating.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That's sucks. I had a really good experience with their customer service.

I have 2 of their DVs crack on me. Both times they sent me out a complete replacement unit, free of charge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it seems that the service declined over the years from the reviews I read. The more recent reviews have mostly been negative. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts