Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://jdmultimate.com/i-71925.aspx

• do I need need either the aluminum or stainless-steel weld-on flange for installation on the EVO-X?!
If so, which one is recommended?? And does the "weld-on" denote that I gotta weld it myself???
  • This will be replacing (or does it just modify??) stock BOV with an AMS short-ram performance intake.
    • This other page (see VIB16019A), mentions an adapter--do I need it with the AMS intake??
I know we got genius pedigrees on here so lemme know.

·
Registered
872 Posts
the weld on flange comes with the BOV (well mine did) you want to make sure you get the optional 1.25" Aluminum Recirc Fitting so that it is plug and play and can take the place of the stock BOV

·
Registered
800 Posts
My answers in bold below but I'm sure [email protected] has pretty much taken care of you (I know he took care of me and my questions). :thumbup:

http://jdmultimate.com/i-71925.aspx

• do I need need either the aluminum or stainless-steel weld-on flange for installation on the EVO-X?!
    My BOV did not come with the flange. It only came with the recirc fitting. You would need to buy the flange for the Evo X.
If so, which one is recommended?? And does the "weld-on" denote that I gotta weld it myself???
You do not need to weld it on. If you're running an AMS intake, the stock BOV sits between 2 couplers between the Intake pipe and the LICP. Pretty much just take the stock BOV off, put the Synapse in, and run the vac lines accordingly. You may have to trim the silicon coupler to the Intake pipe in order to make it fit, but it's pretty much remove and replace.
  • This will be replacing (or does it just modify??) stock BOV with an AMS short-ram performance intake.
    It will replace the stock BOV completely.
  • This other page (see VIB16019A), mentions an adapter--do I need it with the AMS intake??
    That Adapter flange I believe is the one that would allow the BOV to connect to the coupler from the LICP. I believe it is the same one that you are referring to in your first question.
I know we got genius pedigrees on here so lemme know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.