Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Doing research on exhaust's and the T1R sounds look a good bet considering i dont want it to be to loud, but equally want good flow. I am unfortunately getting conflicting info on the quality. My issue as Ive seen more than one person say this exhaust falls apart? Really?

So to T1R owners, how is this exhaust system holding up. Anyone's falling apart? If so would this be due to climate depending where one lives? I live in SoCal, so dont think, ice, snow, and salt will be an issue. In what way is it falling apart?

Just looking for positve and negative from some owners.

BTW-Don't see an Introduce yourself section here, so Howdy! From SoCal, use to have an EVO 8 and 9 about 5 years ago. Took some time off and just scooped a great deal on the last of the 2011's. WW GSR

-Genrec

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I had their high flow cat split completely in half on me in the middle of winter. The welding quality look poor to me but it should be fine in socal where there is no snow/salt on the roads. If something breaks dont expect any help what-so-ever from them.
With that said I like the sound of their dual catback. At idle its very quiet. Slightly louder than stock. Get on the gas and it gives off a nice deep done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had their high flow cat split completely in half on me in the middle of winter. The welding quality look poor to me but it should be fine in socal where there is no snow/salt on the roads. If something breaks dont expect any help what-so-ever from them.
With that said I like the sound of their dual catback. At idle its very quiet. Slightly louder than stock. Get on the gas and it gives off a nice deep done.

Judging from your signature you are still running the CBE from T1R, despite the cracked HFC?? I was only going for the CBE.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Anyone running this exhaust? Experienced input is appreciated

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have their catback and I love it. Looks great, very sublte until you notice the burnt tips up close. The welds look great, I've had it for just over a year and ~10K miles. Driven in all kinds of weather and it's still in great condition. This thing has way my miles and years on it than that because I believe the previous owner put it on the car a long time ago, the car is an 08 with 66K on the chassis.

I run it w an UR mini muffler test pipe, it has no drone and sounds great throughout the entire powerband. My car is quieter than another evox with Depo HFC & ETS V2 Quiet.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have the t1r catback exhaust with the t1r resonated testpipe. I like the exhaust since it is one of the quietest exhaust out there.

I live in Houston and so far the exhaust has held up fine and the welds look good to me.

I been running it since 2008 I think. I bought it when it first came out.

Sometimes I think of selling it for a louder exhaust but for keeping under the radar this is one of the best out there imo.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
This is good info. Anyone have pics to share?

I'm also looking at the Invidia Q300. According to videos it is quiet and has a mini muffler after the cat

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
thanks for the info

·
Registered
542 Posts
I actually have the cbe that is in malves sig on my car lol. I came from the its single 3.5 yes larger then 3. The t1r sound great for dd driving and not want to attract attention, and when you get on it the exhaust does have an aggressive tone. Quality seems to be good as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.