Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any sort of advantage to a t3 kit with a gtx3076 or 6262 turbo, if i want to stay under or around 500 awhp or is the easier path, upgrading to a red/black or ball bearing red/black a better $/performance choice?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
well i have a ets t3 twinscroll turbo kit
the twinscroll kit i have.. has the advantages to spool slightly quicker than a standared t3 setup..
i had the red and loved it. also got a black for sale =) lmk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Advantage could be less heat and boost on a T3, but I think spool and ease of a stock frame wins for moderate power levels.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Advantage could be less heat and boost on a T3, but I think spool and ease of a stock frame wins for moderate power levels.
:+1: For any street car that sees daily driving, a stock frame always wins. No T3 kit can make more torque in the 2k-4.5k range than a stock frame (lag you would feel on the street). And if you're staying below 500hp / stock block, the advantages of a T3 wouldn't really come into play.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i always go back and forth on this on what would be better for me...the only thing i am afraid by going stock frame is wanting more and having to eventually move to a T3 set up anyway. I want to get the set right the first time...which is not that easy always

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just make sure you know exactly what you want before you proceed with your quest for more power. I'm the type of person that always wants more power :)

I have seen quite a few posts from people wishing they would have just went T3 from the get go.

I don't recall ever seeing a post from someone wishing they went with a stock frame instead of a T3.

Just some food for thought. Good luck!
R~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.