Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
5,198 Posts
3 port is mounted by the driver side strut, below my strut bar. Basically right above stock location.

So when your 3 port starts clicking to the point where you can hear it in your car that means its going to die soon??
No, all 3 ports click when in operation (getting WGDC request from ECU). Some are louder then others. If they are attached metal to metal or with little cushion between them and mounting, they will resonate through the cabin.

You can muffle them a bit by mounting rubber between them and where they mount. Notice the OEM BCS mounting has rubber inserts?

You can also take out some (or better yet, all) of that WGDC you have in your tables at low TPS and low RPM where you don't really need it anyway. That will help with your sanity as well.

5,198 Posts
Yeah, I'm on a low boost map right now while I'm breaking my trans in. Not sure how my tuner set everything up... I'll look when I get home.
Easy way to check is to just pull the electrical plug on the 3port and go for a drive. You will get a CEL but you will be able to tell if that is it or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts