Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the news of Phantom Black becoming available as an option for the GSR, I'm very interested in getting my X in PB. There seems to be a lot of confusion over what Phantom Black looks like. Many people (including my dealer) seem to think the dark metallic gray/black is the Graphite Gray. I believe it is either Tarmac Black or Phantom Black because I have seen pictures of Gray cars that are slightly darker than Silver and look similar to the GG in the IX.

Does anyone have pictures that clearly show the difference between Graphite Gray and Phantom Black?

Thanks

· Registered
10,012 Posts
phantom black is black/black.

Tarmac is black/charcoal

Tarmac =

phantom black =

· Registered
179 Posts
I've seen a Lancer in Tarmac black and it was basic black without any metallic flake at all. I thought Phantom black pearl which obviously has some metallic flake in it would be lighter, then GG would be lighter again.

· Dick Tracy
167 Posts
Now im really confused.:wtfsign:

· Administrator
24,309 Posts
Well, Graphite is also available on regular lancers as well.

So to reiterate

US Evo X - Graphite Gray, Phantom Black
Overseas Evo X - Graphite Gray, Tarmac Black
US Base Lancer - Graphite Gray, Tarmac Black

· Registered
10,012 Posts
I asked for phantom black. It wasn't available in NZ for the Evo X. Only Tarmac. No regrets with Tarmac though.

· Registered
10,012 Posts
Well, Graphite is also available on regular lancers as well.

So to reiterate

US Evo X - Graphite Gray, Phantom Black
Overseas Evo X - Graphite Gray, Tarmac Black
US Base Lancer - Graphite Gray, Tarmac Black
I have a feeling this is correct.

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I saw the black on the base lancer and it is solid black with no metallic, not the same as the Tarmac Black on the Evo X from New Zealand. So the question still remains, what is Phantom Black?

The car from the AZ lot is definitely Graphite Grey but are the others Phantom Black or are they the Tarmac Black like the car from NZ?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.