Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my tax return deposited. Pretty much have my mind set on tein mono flex coilovers wit the electronic damper control. Im also leaning towards hotchkis sway bars... is there any other parts I should look into getting since ill already be down there installing? Will I need a roll center kit? Or is there anything else to consider? Thanks for da help.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I shouldn't need bushings, control arms, or any other stuff? Coilovers, swaybar, and RCK and ill be good to go?

· Registered
3,470 Posts
you *can* always buy more stuff... More thank likely though, you'll be golden with the coilovers, RCK, and sway bars.

· Premium Member
11,810 Posts
I :+1: irmerm's advice. I will also add that:

You will "need" rear adjustable control arms if you need to adjust the camber there.

You will "need" better bushings if you can actually "feel" the current setup to have too much play/sloppiness. (hint, you probably will not)

· Premium Member
11,810 Posts
You could do Whiteline control arm bushing as well. They are cheap and you'll already have the arms out.
why would he have the arms out? for the RCK?

· Registered
1,626 Posts
why tein did you decide to go with the tein?

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its gonna be my daily driver... didnt wanna drop the extra for the ohlins.. and if i do track it, it wouldnt be that often to need a full racing setup... and yes i do like the edfc.... is there a reason i shouldnt be looking at the tein monoflex setup?

· Premium Member
11,810 Posts
its gonna be my daily driver... didnt wanna drop the extra for the ohlins.. and if i do track it, it wouldnt be that often to need a full racing setup... and yes i do like the edfc.... is there a reason i shouldnt be looking at the tein monoflex setup?
Most Japanese Coilover systems are known for their harshness on the street. Although this is just hearsay. The European versions seems to have a greater range in valving that allows them to have "acceptable" shock performance for DD. I say "acceptable" because it is really completely subjective. Its hard to tell since nobody ever posts their damn shock dynos.

· Registered
810 Posts
Did you end up buying/installing the Mono's??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.